Gibson Brands Forums

Weight of Lies - Avett Brothers cover

flatbaroque

Nicely done, FB!

Very clear sound - what do you video with?

And you are not going to get away with mentioning new strings without details in this place! Sensational guitar!

Also - your guitar sounds in tune to me, but I have the capo right on the fret after seeing Elliot Capo discussions and the famous user Tony Rice. And what happened to buying the Shubb? Worth the walk and expense or wait for delivery. This one would do (link below) - I was at Allans Music Melb and right down the bottom of the rack, almost leaning on the floor, with the G7, PW and every type of capo known to man was a lonely Shubb C1 capo and it is mine even though I have other Shubbs because of the shock of seeing it in Allans of all places! You could be lucky Allans Syd!:

http://www.shubb.com/deluxe/index.html

BluesKing777.

Thanks Mr Walker!

Sal that chorus was struggle for me..a little high so I was straining vocally.But without the capo didn't sound too flash either so I stayed with the original song key.

Bk I use a Zoom Q3 HD camera. Really good unit - dead easy to use and has software for post addition of reverb and volume boost to the .MOV file if needed.

Strings were Martin 80/20's. Well most of them. When I was changing strings I use "cut the string one tuner past the actual tuner as you go method". When I got to the G string I was daydreaming and cut it too short.So the only other sets I had were Martin Bluegrass sets which my brother bought me.

So I have a bright G string amongst the rest. (I try not to mention my bright G string [mellow] ).

Yes I'll have to get a Shubb.I took your advice on the G7 and that was a winner!

Bk I use a Zoom Q3 HD camera. Really good unit - dead easy to use and has software for post addition of reverb and volume boost to the .MOV file if needed.

I thought so - just read a write up on the newer model, couple of months old. It has bigger input plugs - e.g. mic plug!

I won't post it here - I will make a thread for those interested.

Shame on that G string being too tight, FB.... :rolleyes:

BluesKing777.

Shame on that G string being too tight, FB.... :rolleyes:

BluesKing777.

Flatbaroque said "bright" not "too tight."

That's an image that will not come out of my brain no matter how much naptha and scrubbing I do. Thanks a lot, BK.

Flatbaroque, as usual another fine performance. Thanks for posting.

FMA

Flatbaroque said "bright" not "too tight."

That's an image that will not come out of my brain no matter how much naptha and scrubbing I do. Thanks a lot, BK.

Flatbaroque, as usual another fine performance. Thanks for posting.

FMA

Solly!

FB should have said 'B String', and probably knew he was in trouble as soon as he typed 'G String'! :mellow:

Anywat that is an old music producer trick to stop performers getting comfortable and a bit lazy.....'Here, wear this!' Yuk Yuk!

Writers and record producers Leiber and Stoller would ask their artistes what their WORST key to sing in was....and then guess what key your next 'hit' would be? Example: Diana 'Aint going to play there', Aint going to sing that' and not least the 'Aint wearing that' Ross...... Turned out 'Where Did Our Love Go'.......true! [laugh]

BluesKing777.

Archived