Gibson Brands Forums

At last

blindboygrunt

That is GOOD to see! I'm not a fan of Apple's proprietary business model so have never purchased their products. Maybe my distaste goes back to the lawsuits they bought their way out of with the Beatles over the Apple company name.

Does anyone have a review?

It's a little box that you plug an electric guitar into (or acoustic with pickup). It connects to your smartphone or tablet where you can use amplifier simulation software and listen through headphones to practice. You could also connect the phone/tablet to an amplifer if you want. I guess the "at last" comment is because it only used to be available on iOS and now there's an Android version.

I got one of these for my Son in Law as a Christmas present when they first came out, maybe 4 or 5 years ago? He loves it and was just thanking me for it again a few days ago. He uses it to practice his bass at night without waking anyone up. And it is integrated into Apple's software with a mobile version of their GarageBand app. That is also integrated with the Mac version of Garageband and Logic Pro, so it's kind of a cool system.

Personally, I don't have any need for it since I live alone with no neighbors nearby and really only play acoustic these days. :)

Thanks for the answe Boyd, but I stil don't get it..

Let's say you have an electric guitar, work during the day and live in an apartment, so the only time you can practice is after everyone else goes to bed. You plug your guitar into this box, connect to your cell phone, and plug earphones into it. Now you can practice and it will sound like you're playing very loud through a big amplifier in a concert hall.

As to how that applies to the Gibson acoustic forum, I dunno, I didn't start the thread. [tongue] But I don't see any problem with it, because many (if not most) current Gibson acoustic guitars have pickups installed in them. So you could plug your Gibson acoustic into this box and listen through headphones if your don't own an amplifier.

Let's say you have an electric guitar, work during the day and live in an apartment, so the only time you can practice is after everyone else goes to bed. You plug your guitar into this box, connect to your cell phone, and plug earphones into it. Now you can practice and it will sound like you're playing very loud through a big amplifier in a concert hall.

As to how that applies to the Gibson acoustic forum, I dunno, I didn't start the thread. [tongue] But I don't see any problem with it, because many (if not most) current Gibson acoustic guitars have pickups installed in them. So you could plug your Gibson acoustic into this box and listen through headphones if your don't own an amplifier.

Great answer! It could be one answer to late night playiing, by using the ear phones!

It's used for recordings.

Sal , for example, uses the apple version for his , or some of his, recordings.

For those of us that don't have an iPhone , or iPad , this has been annoying. Garage band is extremely well thought of , for a hobbyists , at least, piece of software.

I had be wondered for a while why no one had came up with an android version of this easy to use recording interface.

I would like to use it to record how many goats cross my bridge while I'm not there.

I am thinking about getting the Apple version of this for my iPad to be able to record electric guitar without waking up the house. I tend to do most of my guitaring late a night. I currently use an iPad and an Apogee mic to record with the Garageband software. As far as I know, this is the easiest recording setup available that also allows adding some effects and do minor editing. I used to record with a laptop, an external soundcard, and a condensor mic. Of course, it sounded a bit better than the iPad+mic, but ease of use is a major factor for me. I record mostly for practice purposes, so ease of use trumps sound quality.

Lars

It's used for recordings.

Sal , for example, uses the apple version for his , or some of his, recordings.

For those of us that don't have an iPhone , or iPad , this has been annoying. Garage band is extremely well thought of , for a hobbyists , at least, piece of software.

I had be wondered for a while why no one had came up with an android version of this easy to use recording interface.

I would like to use it to record how many goats cross my bridge while I'm not there.

What happens when you are recording to your phone and the wife rings...."Don't forget to take the......"?

Does that get recorded?

BluesKing777.

Blindboy, you just need to stay under the bridge where you belong.

My only problem with new tech toys is that I don't have the interest or patience to learn how to use them. I know a lot of it is pretty straight-forward and easy, but so is what I've done for years. Don't even know all the capabilities of my cell phone. All I use it for is to make a call now and then and get a call if someone needs me. If a UFO landed right in front of me and stayed there for an hour, I still wouldn't get a picture of it. I kind of envy the people who keep-up with all this stuff.

Archived