Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - J-45 Iced Tea

Bozz

Thanks for the info, Sal! There's a good chance I'll be bringing my J-200 down there and seeing what kind of deal we can work out. If the Iced Tea J-45 sounds as good as she looks that would be a perfect guitar for me. Though letting go of the gorgeous J-200 would be hard. But in order to get quality, you must give up quality. Or $$$.

Love that Iced Tea burst. For some reason it looks more like a Cherry Sunburst to me.

The only thing I have to directly comapare the Iced Tea burst to Cherry is my Les Paul Standard. It is "Heritage Cherry" and is an eye popping bright red. The Iced Tea is much more subdued and brown. It really does look like the color of iced tea.

003%202_zps9lzhvohw.jpg

001_zpsjygccmtc.jpg

The only thing I have to directly comapare the Iced Tea burst to Cherry is my Les Paul Standard. It is "Heritage Cherry" and is an eye popping bright red. The Iced Tea is much more subdued and brown. It really does look like the color of iced tea.

003%202_zps9lzhvohw.jpg

001_zpsjygccmtc.jpg

Thanks, that's super interesting! Gibson's bursts, and their names for their bursts, are worthy of scientific investigation. It's a good thing I didn't buy anything Iced Tea expecting cherry. :) On the other hand, comparing your Heritage Cherry Sunburst (which looks exactly like I'd have imagined) to the HSC Hummingbirds, the Hummingbirds are less bright and to me look more like their honey burst, which is yet another form of burst.

To make it even more confusing, how they're photographed can change everything (which is one reason I thought Iced Tea was more cherry, but looking at your photos there, I can clearly see that it is, in fact, iced tea after all and has been aptly named).

2015-07-22%2015.55.50.jpg

Heritage Cherry Sunburst I saw in person, which does look like the photo. Gorgeous, but in my opinion a far cry from the HCS of your Les Paul! If I'd been expecting my guitar to look like your Les Paul and got this coloration instead, I'd have been sad. (Or vice versa, I suppose. Both gorgeous in their own right, but we all have preferences)

Archived