Gibson Brands Forums

Lets Start a Calender

Californiaman

This is my 2005 Advanced Jumbo.... My favorite photo with the Strap my birthmother gave me after I did a 6 year search to find her.... She also was a guitar player as were her dad and brother. Kind of neat to find that out. I found her when I was about 28 years old.

Nice strap and nice story, Taylor Player. Glad you found her. Thanks for sharing.

Taylorplayer - that's a beautiful AJ. I played one during the search for my SJ-200 and it really put doubts in my mind as to which guitar I really wanted to buy. I did get the SJ-200 as it was sort of a "Grail" thing for me but the AJ has been next on my list since then. Do you play it a lot?

Taylorplayer - that's a beautiful AJ. I played one during the search for my SJ-200 and it really put doubts in my mind as to which guitar I really wanted to buy. I did get the SJ-200 as it was sort of a "Grail" thing for me but the AJ has been next on my list since then. Do you play it a lot?

I pretty much split my time between the AJ and my Taylor ever since I got it a little over a year ago. Funny thing is, my Wife really loves the sound of the AJ and always asks me to play it for her. She never used to do that...... :-s

Lately I have been keeping it in Open G tuning or DADGAD as I have learned several songs from Al Petteway and Leo Kottke that use those tunings. Fun guitar for strumming and it always suprises me how awesome it sounds when played fingerstyle which is what I do most.

Hey Fred. Nice old Caddy, isn't it. Sadly it, like the AJ, wasn't mine. The photo was taken by the guy I bought the SJ from, so I'm assuming it, like the AJ, was his. I used this photo since I don't have any really good shots of the SJ of my own. I'm a pretty lousy photographer. And besides, I love vintage cars too.

Here's one of mine, for comparison:

49SJFront084.jpg

See what I mean?

Archived