Gibson Brands Forums

True Historic 1959 Les Paul

sellen

Never seen a New Gibson go over 100000 Norwegian Kr. It's about 12400 US$ . That's just crazy. I see Gibson has put it at 8599, so this norwegian site takes almost 4000$ in their pocket. It's the biggest guitar chain here

Is there a hype on this guitars maybe? All the millionaires are fighting to get it [biggrin]

Anyway it don't really bother me, if Gibson can get someone paying this for a guitar good for them.

2400510815_frt_wlg_001_zpswhbsfk0v.jpg

The utilitarian value of the guitar has never changed since it was built. Its cash value now is purely business; purely investment. You'd be a fool to play it. Its value is in its investment worth. The rich and corporations seeking financial return on investment are buying them. They aren't buying them to play them. You can buy a brand new 59 reissues with pots that don't crackle for $4000.

Some spend thousands on shoes or watches. Some on drugs. Others on cars. Wtf, if I had the money I would buy one for sure. And I asure you I would play it like every other guitar. Wth, I would beat the crap out of it. From what I've seen and heard those are awesome guitars. It's like Ferrari's, do you think people that buy them put them into their garages and stare at them?

Some spend thousands on shoes or watches. Some on drugs. Others on cars. Wtf, if I had the money I would buy one for sure. And I asure you I would play it like every other guitar. Wth, I would beat the crap out of it. From what I've seen and heard those are awesome guitars. It's like Ferrari's, do you think people that buy them put them into their garages and stare at them?

If I had the money, I'd buy a real 1959 Les Paul, and fit it with a Nashville bridge, 490R, and 498T, just to hear the blues lawyers collectively cry their eyes out into their masturbatory beers. Also, because I hate ABR-1s and PAFs.

If I had the money, I'd buy a real 1959 Les Paul, and fit it with a Nashville bridge, 490R, and 498T, just to hear the blues lawyers collectively cry their eyes out into their masturbatory beers. Also, because I hate ABR-1s and PAFs.

Ah, but all that is reversible Erick so not to worry.

Now if you had said gouging out a hole to fit a Fender single coil in the middle...that might upset people! [biggrin]

True - but it's a facsimile.

Historic - but it's contemporary.

1959 - but it's a 2015.

Les Paul - yes, it's a Les Paul.

I guess a Facsimile Contemporary 2015 Les Paul doesn't have the same je ne sais quoi.

Am I the only one who finds something just totally wrong with this sentiment? [cursing]

Are you kidding, Surf?

Nothing whatsoever in that post makes any sense at all.

A common-or-garden 2015 CS LP R-I is not going to be an investment.

The "rich and corporations"are not going to be buying them with a view to financial return.

It's just the latest release of the "closest we have yet managed to come to the 'Holy Grail' since 1960" and will continue to be the same until next year's R-Is appear...

The only thing to do with them is to play them and have fun.

Or even just to look at them and have fun.

They are very, very pretty and I'm sure they pretty-much play every bit as good as they look. The recent R-Is I've played have ALL been wonderful without exception. IMX Gibson's CS has routinely been producing some phenomenal guitars in the last couple of years and their efforts should be both appreciated and applauded.

But as an investment?...

[lol]

Pip.

But as an investment?...

[lol]

Pip.

Couldn't agree more - whilst being a great investment in personal enjoyment, what electric guitar is really a good financial investment that will comfortable eclipse inflation and be comparable to other investment choices?? - for the sake of it I put my '69 Epiphone and '61 Melody Maker through an on line inflation calculator and hey, even after all those years I paid more or less the equivalent of the original price in todays money (ok, perhaps a little less but the things are well and truly in used condition by now!).

I suspect to be a decent investment an electric guitar (excluding those owned and played by someone famous) would need to meet at least 2 of the following 3 criteria:

1. Really old and in highly original condition (at least not refinished and parts all changed)

2. Significantly rare

3. Highly desirable in its own right (a very nice/well made instrument)

...or else be bought for way under market prices!

The vast majority would have been made by Gibson and Fender between 1950 and 1963 across a couple of shapes in each case. Of the modern ones...??

I suspect to be a decent investment an electric guitar (excluding those owned and played by someone famous) would need to meet at least 2 of the following 3 criteria:

1. Really old and in highly original condition (at least not refinished and parts all changed)

2. Significantly rare

3. Highly desirable in its own right (a very nice/well made instrument)

Even given those criteria they should still be played! It's a musical instrument for *&^% sake! Besides which, playing it should not reduce its value given it's already old and likely been played a time or two.

Even given those criteria they should still be played! It's a musical instrument for *&^% sake! Besides which, playing it should not reduce its value given it's already old and likely been played a time or two.

[thumbup] preferably whilst sober [biggrin]

Well I am one of "those" guys that purchased a True Historic LP. It's the best playing and sounding LP I personally have ever played, so I think the money was worth it to me. I am even considering getting a second one, because it's that good. It gets played and was not purchased to be a collectable.

Well I am one of "those" guys that purchased a True Historic LP. It's the best playing and sounding LP I personally have ever played, so I think the money was worth it to me. I am even considering getting a second one, because it's that good. It gets played and was not purchased to be a collectable.

Congrats

My attention was not to be disrespectful in any way. I was just blown away by the Norwegian prizes on this guitar.

The Norwegian Kr is down and the dollar is high, so .....

I bought a 2014 Sg custom shop half year ago, and i love it. To me it's the best looking Sg i ever laid my eyes on. And it plays and sound Great.

So i'm not one of those guys that think Cs is a wast of money.

Well here's a pick of the "les Paul"

SGcS14_zps98e5357d.jpg

sgcssh14_zps3732984d.jpg

Archived