Gibson Brands Forums

Windows 10

flyingarmadillo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like it lost all of my Favorites during the upgrade to 10.

All of my passwords, too.

If you use Internet Explorer then that is why because it no longer exists in Windows 10. (it is now a light weight browser called edge)

I suggest using lastpass for password keeping.

As far as your bookmarks, sorry!

The last straws were:

I couldn't upload photos on another site (everything just froze up)

For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to schedule a security scan and

I could not find an option to erase the photos from my Nikon once they were downloaded.

It was just too much aggravation so nertz to 10 for me. 7 is familiar and it works fine for my purposes.

I'm giving 10 another shot. It's quite the production to get rid off all of the spying programs that Windows wants to put on your PC. If you activate that voice activated hussy, Cortana, you give them permission to do anything and everything they want.

They want a lot.

I'm giving 10 another shot. It's quite the production to get rid off all of the spying programs that Windows wants to put on your PC. If you activate that voice activated hussy, Cortana, you give them permission to do anything and everything they want.

They want a lot.

I have Cortana activated and setup to respond to voice commands. It's incredibly useful. I don't really care what it gives Microsoft permission to do. It's not like they're going to come to my house and kill my family. msp_rolleyes.gif

I have Cortana activated and setup to respond to voice commands. It's incredibly useful. I don't really care what it gives Microsoft permission to do. It's not like they're going to come to my house and kill my family. msp_rolleyes.gif

I'm more worried about finding Bill Gates living in my basement playing Dungeons and Dragons.

OS upgrades are like crack. Your "friends" keep offering it to you and you know you shouldn't get involved with it because it's going to ruin your life. But you can't resist because you like the initial rush of the first time, even though you know it's only going to last a few seconds. Next thing you know you're throwing your computer and cursing your wife.

hello, Fellow Babies,

I've been dealing with Windows OS for years. The only thing I can say --

I loved the movie Jurassic Park, and I/m so glad they didn't screw it up by trying to add a 3-D effects. That is so cheesy! But of all the CGI and special effects, I found the hardest to swallow was that, in the story line, Lex Murphy ( Ariana Richards) could bring the park under control and save the day with a Windows NT3.X.

OS upgrades are like crack. Your "friends" keep offering it to you and you know you shouldn't get involved with it because it's going to ruin your life. But you can't resist because you like the initial rush of the first time, even though you know it's only going to last a few seconds. Next thing you know you're throwing your computer and cursing your wife.

Well I just couldn't resist doing it. I upgraded yesterday and I'm really liking it:)

At the moment I'm using a free trial of McAfee but I also got a 1 years free subscription for Panda (haven't activated this yet). Does anyone here use Panda?

kind regards, Emma:)

hello, Fellow Babies,

I've been dealing with Windows OS for years. The only thing I can say --

I loved the movie Jurassic Park, and I/m so glad they didn't screw it up by trying to add a 3-D effects. That is so cheesy! But of all the CGI and special effects, I found the hardest to swallow was that, in the story line, Lex Murphy ( Ariana Richards) could bring the park under control and save the day with a Windows NT3.X.

It's been a while since I've seen it, but wasn't the park ran off of a Unix system?

That sounds like a personal problem. I lost nothing when I upgraded.

I lost all of my passwords, but I haven't had any software that didn't run properly yet. You do have to be careful since Windows 10 is a 64-bit system, which might cause problems running 32-bit software. However, I have not upgraded either the music box (Cubase 8) or the one that runs my work software.

I lost all of my passwords, but I haven't had any software that didn't run properly yet. You do have to be careful since Windows 10 is a 64-bit system, which might cause problems running 32-bit software. However, I have not upgraded either the music box (Cubase 8) or the one that runs my work software.

I've been running a 64 bit OS for 7 years. A 64 bit copy of Windows should be fully backwards compatible with any 32 bit software. I've never heard of that being an issue.

Guest Farnsbarns

Furthermore, there is a 32 bit version of Windows 10.

I'm guessing F959 has lost photo editing s/ware? Are you eligible for updates on said software? You should be able to roll back to your previous windows version?

I just watched this vid... seems ok....

HOWEVER.... if I had installed it I would certainly advise what he does near the end of this vid with regarding to some of the security options that are turned on by default.. Like what was it, automatically sharing your network password with your contact list.. that sounds dodgy to me

Check at about 3:15

Archived