Gibson Brands Forums

How many guitars do you have?

skilsaw

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 4. Two Les Pauls, an ES-355, and an ES-335. Split between my two residences so I have somewhat consistent choice between trips. But with my frequent travel I have little time to play any of them. My last purchase knocked all the GAS out of me until further notice... but I'll still go browse the shops at least to admire the view. Like a fat man looks at the menu! Ha!

I also have only three and of course that's not enough. [blink]

I've a Gibby 1975 L6-S electric, an Epi Jumbo 12-string, and an Ovation Standard Balladeer. Neither acoustic has a cutaway so you know where I'm going with that.

I would love to add a Les Paul and a Dobro but I need an ES-335 to relieve some serious GAS. [bored] An EDS-1275 would be nice as well. 8-[

Having just bought a Gibson Dove in the last 2 weeks, that takes my total to 30 guitars (15 of them are Gibsons). I also have 1 banjo, 1 mandolin, 1 cuatro and 1 violin.

You can never have enough instruments [smile]

I only have these and an '07 Red Wine Studio Les Paul I bought right after Les died because I didn't have one. The Burst studio and baby Strat were my daughters (this is a very old picture).

I mostly just play acoustic now and toy with the idea of selling the Studio, but it's just so darned sweet........

100_0387.jpg

I'm down to only 3 at the moment. 2 Les Pauls and a little novelty type guitar called a Kokocaster. It's a clone to the old Charvel Surfcaster. The Kokocaster can do a decent job of filling in where I might need a Tele or Strat.

The only thing I need now is an acoustic.

I have a bunch of em B)

This is a real good answer......

I have 10

and a bass

a 4-string banjo

uke

How about a thread "How many guitars do you have time to actually play?"

[cool] [cool] [biggrin]

I have twenty three or twenty four.

This is after selling about 45 guitars in the last 1 1/2 years.

Sad thing is I can't play any of them now due to a bad hand.

The ones I am not selling are either vintage or special guitars that I will never sell.

Considering a guitar safe for three or four of them, but as the story goes " one of these days I'll get around to it".

Archived