Gibson Brands Forums

How many guitars do you have?

skilsaw

Haven't counted for a while.... :blink:

Got all I need so def no more purchases.... [thumbup]

Everybody....if sufficiently interested/financed

Could benefit from having

Acoustics of varying sizes, 6 and 12 string....

S/C solid electrics....

H/B solid electrics....

H/B semi acoustics.....

S/C semi acoustics....

P90 solid electrics.... [thumbup]

P90 hollow electrics.... [thumbup]

P90 semi acoustics..... [thumbup]

Bon Appetit.... [thumbup]

V

:-({|=

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 main guitars.. all Gibsons... At one point I went a bit mad with it all and I think I had 9 Gibsons but I HATED that I had guitars just sitting in a case doing nothing so I sold a few and kept these.. (no regrets).. I also had a Strat once, but that didn't last long, just never bonded with it.

Also I have my acoustic a cheap bass and a travel guitar...

DSCN0203_zps41366aab.jpg

These days I don't really get the urge to buy more... I still love perving over them online though... All im really missing is a nice semi hollow and I will be set.. These four gibbies I have give me pretty much everything I want.

8 or 9, I think. Sometimes I'll hit as high as 13, sometimes as few as 4 but some just will never be for sale. The 335, Les Paul Studio, Lucille and HD-28V are the core group, others come and go.

My Firebird just went but another one will come along sooner or later, my LP Special is still up for sale but if it sells I'll replace that with another one!

Now that's what I call having the bases covered!

I don't see a "335" type or a hollow body P90 in that pic.

Got all I need so def no more purchases.... [thumbup]

:-({|=

I'd agree. While I have a lot of guitars, they each have their own "characteristic" if you will. That may be body stype, pickup's, 6 or 12 string, scale length, etc. They're each a bit different, and at this point I see no need to add any more.

I've had a lot but I have noticed I always come back to the 2 same guitars, my Les Paul Custom Black Beauty and my Strat Vintage Hotrod 62 upgraded with a Dimarzio Choper in the bridge.

So right now I just keep these 2 with a Fender American Special Tele, a Yamaha APX-500 accoustic, and my first top quality guitar, a Robin USA custom made with 3 EMGs(from my Metallica period :) )

I have just sold an Ibanez Satriani signature JS1000, great guitar, but not my cup of tea for the moment, so perhaps I will buy another one, surely Gibson or Fender perhaps a new the new 2015 DC with P90 or a strat with shawnbucker

How many is enough?...one more! As the saying goes...

I have one acoustic and one electric. I would like to have a 'back up' electric.

Current- Breedlove C25 CReH acoustic w/ Fishman pup/preamp system [wub]

Gibson 2000 LP Studio, Ruby Red [love]

Wanted- Fender Strat. Free, if possible [lol]

Brian

I am up to 9 right now since May of 2012 when I started with only the SG and the Fernadez shown on the right side of the wall.

PRS leads to fear, fear leads to hate, hate leads to FENDER!!!

:P

I have 5 in my apartment and one in the hands of my daughter. How many do I need? At least one more.

I have an ok 10 year old Spanish guitar and one Yamaha dreadnought from 93/94. The last one is a great guitar, gets better and better.

I have an HSS MIM white Strat. Bought it for my daughter to be hers as long as she used it. Then she wanted to play acoustic, so I took this one home and I use it a lot.

Then there is my first guitar dream come through: My American Standard tele crimson red transparent with som delicious custom shop PUPs. love the neck and the sound of that one.

Then my second guitar dream come through: 2012 ES-335 plain ebony. The one I play the most.

Since my daughter wanted to go acoustic we bought a Martin for her, to be hers as long as she uses it. If not used, guitar comes back to daddy.

Is this enough? Do I want any more guitars? Sure, I really want a les paul standard goldtop, and I have always thought that Les paul junior was the most rock n roll guitar in the world. If either of those two come within reach ..... +1.

Do I need any more? Absolutely not, but that is beside the point

So I have five and a half and wants at least two more.

I recently did inventory

Kay Acoustic 1964

Ovation Tornado 1970

Gibson LG1 1951

Gibson J50 1953

Gibson J45 TV 2014

Gibson 1942 J45 Legend 2010

Gibson AJ Gold 2007

Gibson Hummingbird 2013

Gibson J200 Std 2014

Gibson J200 Custom 2012

Gibson J200 Koa 2007

Gibson Chet Atkins Counrty Gentleman 2004

Gibson Jackson Browne 2010

Gibson Stage Deluxe 2014

Gibson Stage Deluxe Rosewood 2015

Gibson ES 175 2013

Gibson J185 Wildwood New Vintage 2013

Gibson J180 Special 1992

Gibson 1932 L00 2015

Gibson Dwight Yoakam Honky Tonk Duece 2004

Gibson 1933 LC Century of Progress (Centennial Collection) 1994

Gibson 1934 Jumbo (Centennial Collection) 1994

Gibson Les Paul Std 2013

Gibson F5L Fern 2014

Gibson Uke1 1929

Gibson Uke1 1955

Gibson/Maestro Tele Mando

Martin D28 Elvis 2008

Martin D41 Special 2011

Martin 0000 Koa Custom 2014

Martin D12X1AE

Martin 5K ukulele 2014

Martin HD40 Marty Stuart 1996

Martin 000-28 EC SB 2014

Martin HD-28 Custom Braz 1984

Martin OMCPA1 Plus 2015

Gretsch Chet Atkins Counrty Gentleman 1965

Gretsch g6120 6-12 nashville double neck 2007

Taylor 814E 2014

Fender Tele USA Std Bender 1996

Fender Tele USA Std 2011

Fender Tele USA Select 2012

Fender Acoustic Hard Rock 2014

Fender uke tele 2015

unknown U of L 2014

Anuenue Oahu Koa III Tenor Ukulele 2011

Harmony Roy Smeck Ukulele 1950's

Harmony Roy Smeck Ukulele 1940's

custom Copy of Gibson Poinsettia 2014

Oahu 66 K Jumbo Hawaiian Square Neck Guitar 1938

Maestro MonkeyPod Ukulele 2012

Plus some oddball ukes and mandolins

PRS leads to fear, fear leads to hate, hate leads to FENDER!!!

:P

I saw an interview with Carlos Santana after PRS released the latest version of their Santana signature guitar. The interviewer asked Carlos why it took so long to come out with the new signature guitar and he said it was because they had to "... work really hard to get it to sound like a Strat"!

Although I already answered the "How many guitars?" question, I'd like to revise it to the correct answer which is: More than I need and fewer than I want.

I have three electrics that are gig ready (2 SGs and a Jazzmaster), one novelty (Silvertone 1448), one that needs a tune up (a guitar made by a guy in Grand Haven, MI), one acoustic, and a short scale bass.

With a collection I go for variety of sounds. Lately I've been pining for a similar guitar with Gibson 57s and a Bigsby, but I cannot justify it. Money is not the issue; I barely have the time to play all of my guitars and I do not want to sell any of my current guitars. I would trade my Jazzmaster for a comparable Jaguar.

These are the ones that are out of their cases at all times. My acoustic (Taylor 110) gets a lot of action too. It's so vanilla I never thought to take a picture of it.

full.jpg

Archived