Gibson Brands Forums

The latest new one

AnneS

I wrote this about a month ago but hadn't gotten around to recording it, though I've been playing it out at open mics over the last couple of weeks. So last night, when the sound guy came up afterwards to say he had recorded my three songs, I was kinda glad.

This venue is great, but it has no air conditioning and my Zoom is no match for the noise of the giant fans (as in the machines, not the patrons), so it's nice to have this, taken straight from his board. (You're hearing the Anthem pick-up in my J-45, which I'm really happy with, and whatever of the guitar bled into the vocal mic.)

Here it is, unenhanced and unvarnished--enjoy, if you're so inclined:

Nostalgia

Thanks--

Good tune, Annie. I like where you write from. "Nostalgia" should be the name of your CD when you do one. Great theme for almost all the songs you write. Whenever I see you post a new song, I know it's going to be a "slice of life." You write what you know and I really am drawn to that kind of music. There's a piece of human emotion in every song. [thumbup]

Enjoyed your fingerpicking too. Smooth as could be. Nice.

Very, very good! I am kind of a low-fi guy when it comes to what kind of sound i prefer. I often tend to prefer live versions to more polished studio stuff. Hence, I like the rawness of your song. It sounds real,

Great song and lyrics!

lars

You don't need a plodder like me telling you how great that was. Your audiences obviously provide you with plenty of affirmation. Thank you very much for sharing this.

On the one hand, it gives me hope. On the other hand it makes me realize how far I have to go. You have great talent, and clearly have worked hard and long - and deserve to 'live the dream' without any worries! Jim

I wrote this about a month ago but hadn't gotten around to recording it, though I've been playing it out at open mics over the last couple of weeks. So last night, when the sound guy came up afterwards to say he had recorded my three songs, I was kinda glad.

This venue is great, but it has no air conditioning and my Zoom is no match for the noise of the giant fans (as in the machines, not the patrons), so it's nice to have this, taken straight from his board. (You're hearing the Anthem pick-up in my J-45, which I'm really happy with, and whatever of the guitar bled into the vocal mic.)

Here it is, unenhanced and unvarnished--enjoy, if you're so inclined:

Nostalgia

Thanks--

There a several good things about your song Anne the most surprising was how great that recording sounded! I didn't expect that. I'm envious of your skills especially the vibrato in your voice but also your fingerpicking. Thanks for sharing with us.

Archived