Gibson Brands Forums

Whatever Happened?.........

Murph

i don't have much studio experiance but i would have to say the 57 classics. i really like the tones from those. when you do lighter stuff it's more chimey and clean but if you pick a bit harder it crunches up a bit. they are really responsive to the way you play (IMO).

also i like that pickup chart, i saved that right away.

oh

i forgot to say i am personaly finding the forum kind of boring as of late. on one hand there doesn't seem to be any trolls or big arguments but on the other it seems like alot of the older members have left. it's just not the same without AXEs smart a$$ coments or the stuff contributed by other members like thundergod, R9, and others who seems to be missing

i don't have much studio experiance but i would have to say the 57 classics. i really like the tones from those. when you do lighter stuff it's more chimey and clean but if you pick a bit harder it crunches up a bit. they are really responsive to the way you play (IMO).

also i like that pickup chart' date=' i saved that right away.[/quote']

Hit the nail right on the head. Those are the pick ups i use in the studio.

Ya were is Thundergod?

Was a good thing.

This has turned into a gear forum again.

Murph.

What's wrong with that? I can talk politics with other armchair pundits anywhere; this place isn't filled with opinions I can't get anyplace else (go check out alt.guitar.amps on Usenet - a real shithole). Want to post about politics and religion? Feel free, but I don't read those threads and I'm confident that I'm not alone either.

One of the reasons this forum was built is because the mods kept moving or deleting anything not strictly on topic in the Les Paul and other forums. You don't remember starting threads with subjects like "What do you think of the Fender Blues Junior... if I play it with my LES PAUL?"

Archived