Gibson Brands Forums

Forum Member Prayer & Good Vibe List

Aster1

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I am feeling a lot better, thanks to the Lord, and all the prayers of you kind folk. I am starting to enjoy my job, even!

I would still appreciate your prayers: for many years I've been drinking far too much, using it as a crutch to get through the terrible times. This is the first time I have admitted it. I really need to cut down - I need your prayers for this please.

I'm not religious in any way at all but I will say have confidence in yourself, AndyK. Many a time during the efforts to reduce or stop using alcohol in this manner (any I haven't had any booze for over 10 years,) it was a case of thinking I was a lesser person. Ain't true.

I cannot tell you how to cut down or stop as it's entirely up to you how you achieve your aim. However, for me I found it better to stop completely and avoid any of this "I'll only have one or two to celebrate, etc." Takes a person way stronger than I am to do that. You gotta know who you are and be comfortable with that I reckon.

I gave up back in April after being a drinker all my adult life. For me it was easy as I was very ill and couldn't eat or drink much at the time. After a week of being ill I made a decision that I wouldn't drink again and so far have been able to stick to it. Recently on a beautiful afternoon by the Sydney Opera House I had a strong desire to have a beer but held fast and just had water. Sometimes it's socially easier to drink but after investing so many months into not drinking, I'm really glad I didn't give in now.

I think the trick that helps is seeing yourself not as someone trying to give up, but seeing yourself as a non-drinker.

Goos luck!

• 9 months later...

Hey guys I'm bringing back an old thread here. This has been really heavy on my mind since I found out..

My buddy who is my oldest best friend and bandmate got in a really bad motorcycle accident and is currently in a coma. I am so worried about my friend, the prognosis is currently that a best case scenario could be that he pulls out of the coma and never walks again. I'm just so worried about my friend, he is such a talented and very independent guy. I would hate to think of him losing his mobility, and even moreso hate to think of him passing away. He and his mother really need prayer right now. I am driving up to SF with another friend to see him today

Now I chanced on this thread a few moments ago having not seen it since last year. It opened on kind comments about me from last year when yes, I really was very crook and had been for months.

I feel it's a good time to thank you all again for your support and kindness and to tell you that it is really worth doing as it makes a difference and lifts your spirits.

i'm pleased to say that 12 months down the track I am feeling fantastic, in fact the best for years.

Hey guys I'm bringing back an old thread here. This has been really heavy on my mind since I found out..

My buddy who is my oldest best friend and bandmate got in a really bad motorcycle accident and is currently in a coma. I am so worried about my friend, the prognosis is currently that a best case scenario could be that he pulls out of the coma and never walks again. I'm just so worried about my friend, he is such a talented and very independent guy. I would hate to think of him losing his mobility, and even moreso hate to think of him passing away. He and his mother really need prayer right now. I am driving up to SF with another friend to see him today

My prayers are with your friend and you and his family and other loved ones. Have a safe trip.

Now I chanced on this thread a few moments ago having not seen it since last year. It opened on kind comments about me from last year when yes, I really was very crook and had been for months.

I feel it's a good time to thank you all again for your support and kindness and to tell you that it is really worth doing as it makes a difference and lifts your spirits.

i'm pleased to say that 12 months down the track I am feeling fantastic, in fact the best for years.

That's so good to hear, Rob. Keep up the good work!

Well, I am feeling a lot better, thanks to the Lord, and all the prayers of you kind folk. I am starting to enjoy my job, even!

I would still appreciate your prayers: for many years I've been drinking far too much, using it as a crutch to get through the terrible times. This is the first time I have admitted it. I really need to cut down - I need your prayers for this please.

I admire your courage to admit the problem as I am in the same boat, last night I drank a bit too much at a Bob Seger concert here in Indiana. life long abuser of alcohol I also have had episodes of Pancreantitus and believe me it is no fun what so ever, I once spent 9 days in the hospital due to it. I cut way down after that and still limit it on a daily basis except on occasions like last night. It is very difficult to stop completely. Best of luck to you.

Good on yah for bringing this thread back.

A bit over two years ago "Digger" got things going to bring prayers and positive vibes after I has a stroke that messed up a lot of my left side's "fine motor skills" like typing and <argh!> guitar picking.

Today my lady and I were out "shooting" for the local newspaper and basically although I could, nobody else could tell what we'd been through. It's a testimonial to folks here, I think...

There was a "roping," cowboys and cowgirls roping calves and steers in timed competition, a car show and quilt show in a small rural neighboring town's Labor Day celebration. Now I've gotta write a news story and process a dozen digital pix for publication, so... Life's good. Cherish it while you can take enjoyment from it.

m

Good on yah for bringing this thread back.

Life's good. Cherish it while you can take enjoyment from it.

m

And amen from me too. Although I'm very much a 'junior' member with very limited guitar playing skills, I know this to be a very friendly forum full of helpful people. I got some bad news earlier this week, worse of course for the loved ones left behind. It was the cigarettes that did it for me. Peace and love to you all.

That's very kind of you both JDGM & Digger. I'm doing ok at the moment but my wife is utterly heartbroken as are our 3 daughters. Our two granddaughters are too young to understand so that's a blessing.

I'm off work for the first time in 45 years but ironically, not up to practicing just now. Peace and love to you all.

That's very kind of you both JDGM & Digger. I'm doing ok at the moment but my wife is utterly heartbroken as are our 3 daughters. Our two granddaughters are too young to understand so that's a blessing.

I'm off work for the first time in 45 years but ironically, not up to practicing just now. Peace and love to you all.

My thoughts are with you my friend.

So sorry to hear your news. Prayers sent your way and to your family and loved ones. God Bless all of you.

Hey, Rookery, know that prayers and positive thoughts are going up over here in your behalf. And the family's...

I also want to thank this forum for allowing this thread. When I got back to playing this year I eventually joined four forums. This is the only one with something like this even allowed, from what I can tell...is there any way to put this permanent at the top for ready access?

Thanks again and God bless you all...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for the support from you guys here.

My friend did not make it, he did not wish to be kept on life support in the event that we were faced with so we had to let him go. Just got back from the funeral up in Richmond (SF Bay Area) at the recording studio where he was living. We spread his ashes at one of his hangout spots in the bay by the studio.

The guys from the studio are going to put together an album of my friend's recordings, and we are planning on recording a song for it that my friend and I wrote together about 7 or 8 years ago. When it is complete I will share with you guys so you can check it out if you wish

One of the positive things that has happened over the past month is that I was able to hang out with a lot of people that were with my friend up in SF that I hadn't met before and he has some great friends. We are all kindof like minded I guess so it will be fun to get together and make some music or something together in the future

Wish I had better news, we all really loved this guy like crazy. I know everyone that passes away is sort of remembered as a saint by their friends and family, but this guy was really special. In over 10 years of friendship, with several of those years spent hanging out on nearly a daily basis, we never had even one arguement or conflict or anything like that. After our high school graduation, he didn't even go home to his parents house after the ceremony. He left directly to SF with absolutely nothing and built up an incredible community of friends, went from working at Starbucks to working on submersible drones, traveled all around the world. He had an amazing ability to have a big idea and accomplish it, and he was so humble many people did not realize how impressive his "resume" is. Just an incredible person that brought out the best in everyone around him. In 25 years he accomplished so much. I am sad that he couldn't do more, but couldn't be more proud and happy with the way he lived while he was here.

It's been such a crazy weekend with my birthday Friday, traveling back and forth between SoCal and SF, and all the emotions. I just stayed home from work today to recouperate a bit. I think I'll use some of this time to brush up on that song that we wrote, which has the guitar tuned to a d minor chord when you strum the open strings.

Hey, Rookery, know that prayers and positive thoughts are going up over here in your behalf. And the family's...

I also want to thank this forum for allowing this thread. When I got back to playing this year I eventually joined four forums. This is the only one with something like this even allowed, from what I can tell...is there any way to put this permanent at the top for ready access?

Thanks again and God bless you all...

Send a PM to admin and ask if it can be made a sticky??

Archived