Gibson Brands Forums

Forum Member Prayer & Good Vibe List

Aster1

Oh Man, C-Man, sorry to hear that. Best wishes to you as well. Let's all be careful out on the winter time snow/ice. Even young pups get bashed up if you hit the ground. Just harder on us older types with the extra time a healing!! [cursing]

God Bless

Aster

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read this and thank you for your kindness towards us fellas.

Doing our best for Mum but she has regressed a lot this week and I'm not sure how long it will be before she will need to be hospitalised.

Cancer is a relentless disease!

Thanks again, and we are not the only ones doing it tough, unfortunately these things are very common these days.

Many of you have had your brush with the "Big C" and know we can only do so much for those suffering. I just hope she goes before the disease gets to it's worst phase.

I don't want to lose my Mum, but when I see her like this I just don't want to see her suffer.

I don't know if prayers or good vibes help, but your concern certainly does.

Thank you.

My prayers and wishes ,best thoughts and positive energy go out to all those that are suffering from illness or the loss of a family member or friend. I just went through this last November with my Dad, he fought cancer and it was a four year battle. My father and I were never really close but I made peace with him and the last year was able to spend a good amount of time. There were long talks and healing over that year for the two of us. So what a few have said here, do not waste the time with bitterness or anger, make your peace with whomever and you will not be sorry. Again this is a wonderful idea and best to all that need healing in health and spirit.

Ah Dig, here's a song I wrote and sang last year about the transient nature of life. Its rough cut off the desk at a gig but its what I can offer you in place of prayer.

All the very best for the times ahead mate.

https://soundcloud.com/itiswhatitis-5/third-song

Thanks mate, I'll have a listen later and really appreciate your concern.

Sorry I forgot to go back & listen but just revisted this thread and appreciate the thought and the track.....good job my friend!

My prayers and wishes ,best thoughts and positive energy go out to all those that are suffering from illness or the loss of a family member or friend. I just went through this last November with my Dad, he fought cancer and it was a four year battle. My father and I were never really close but I made peace with him and the last year was able to spend a good amount of time. There were long talks and healing over that year for the two of us. So what a few have said here, do not waste the time with bitterness or anger, make your peace with whomever and you will not be sorry. Again this is a wonderful idea and best to all that need healing in health and spirit.

For my part, thanks Pappy. I have a terrific relationship with Mum fortunately.

Has anyone heard from Bender ?

4H

No, and sorry to say, there are some others here in this thread we haven't heard from.

I have no news, but would like some. I hate asking sometimes because where is the line between caring and privacy?

So...how is 4hayden coming along? You're obviously here, but I have been hoping to hear some good news.

No, and sorry to say, there are some others here in this thread we haven't heard from.

I have no news, but would like some. I hate asking sometimes because where is the line between caring and privacy?

So...how is 4hayden coming along? You're obviously here, but I have been hoping to hear some good news.

Knee is doing well and I go back to Mayo Clinic March 31 for my hip, Thanks for asking stein

Knee is doing well and I go back to Mayo Clinic March 31 for my hip, Thanks for asking stein

Dang. You are going to be basically all new, aren't you?

I feel stupid. Is this number 2 or three? I seem to remember Feb as the last one you were going in for. Is it that one you are recovering from? Or did they postpone the hip?

Last question...sorry...is THIS the last one now?

My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family Rob!!! It does help, so May God bless you all and especially take tender care of your Mamma!!

I hated to lose mine, but I knew it was time and he took her carefully and close to him.

Aster

1456967419[/url]' post='1747380']

I haven't been on board a couple of days. I've been learning a new song on the nete and didn't want to lose my place. I can play Wipe Out now, but my pinky can't reach over and bend the E string on the solo. Still practicing that. Anyway I saw this post get resurrected again today. I've been in touch with Dig about his mom on the other lounge. I know it doesn't sound very good for her but my thoughts and prayers are with them all the time. I'm glad your knee came out OK too 4H. I've been wondering a lot about you. I have a friend In Lincoln who played football who had his hip done recently and he loves it. Another friend of mine who was a black belt had both hips done and he doesn't need his cane anymore, he loves it too. So best luck with you too when you go in March for yours done. Because of this song, I'm working on my left forearm with weights today to strengthen what I cut at 16 yr.'s old. Once I had my right forearm so big it looked like it belonged on the Hulk, while my left forearm I worked out looked like it belonged to twiggy, so I stopped working on my forearms all these decades. But this song makes my left forearm tired and sore after just 7 chords and I have to stop. I can't bend the high E a 1/4 note with my pinky. Not asking for sympathy or prayer, just want to play that solo and when I about cut my left forearm off at 16, is still haunting me. I know how Milod gets so frustrated playing because I get frustrated when I have to use that darn pinky finger. It took me 3 years now to finger pick out Stairway to Heaven but I won't do the solo or can't.

I haven't been on board a couple of days. I've been learning a new song on the nete and didn't want to lose my place. I can play Wipe Out now, but my pinky can't reach over and bend the E string on the solo. Still practicing that. Anyway I saw this post get resurrected again today. I've been in touch with Dig about his mom on the other lounge. I know it doesn't sound very good for her but my thoughts and prayers are with them all the time. I'm glad your knee came out OK too 4H. I've been wondering a lot about you. I have a friend In Lincoln who played football who had his hip done recently and he loves it. Another friend of mine who was a black belt had both hips done and he doesn't need his cane anymore, he loves it too. So best luck with you too when you go in March for yours done. Because of this song, I'm working on my left forearm with weights today to strengthen what I cut at 16 yr.'s old. Once I had my right forearm so big it looked like it belonged on the Hulk, while my left forearm I worked out looked like it belonged to twiggy, so I stopped working on my forearms all these decades. But this song makes my left forearm tired and sore after just 7 chords and I have to stop. I can't bend the high E a 1/4 note with my pinky. Not asking for sympathy or prayer, just want to play that solo and when I about cut my left forearm off at 16, is still haunting me. I know how Milod gets so frustrated playing because I get frustrated when I have to use that darn pinky finger. It took me 3 years now to finger pick out Stairway to Heaven but I won't do the solo or can't.

Just a little encouragement:

Playing guitar, for anyone at any talent level, is asking one's fingers (and arms) to do what isn't natural. They have to be trained. we basically train them, and we consider that learning to play guitar.

Good example, find a naturally dexterous person with his/her fingers, and see if they can play a G chord. Ain't gonna happen.

I been playing since I was 15...now 47. I haven't practiced or played much in 5 years or so. I can still pick it up and play something, and my left arm gets tired after about...7 chords. That sounds about right to me.

Gotta say, I'm kinda proud of you for bending with that pinky. I have stronger hands and fingers than most, and you are already up there with me, if not past. I don't bend with my pinky. (Just tried it, I got about 1/4 note...WAY short of a full one).

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry to say that Don passed away on Friday of last week, March 11th. 55 years old, he really had a hell of a time.

rct

Thanks for the update.

It sucks to hear, but kinda suspected. We all tend to care, so when one goes down, it's good for all to know it happened. I feel I would want others to know when I go.

Thanks for caring, man.

Dang. You are going to be basically all new, aren't you?

I feel stupid. Is this number 2 or three? I seem to remember Feb as the last one you were going in for. Is it that one you are recovering from? Or did they postpone the hip?

Last question...sorry...is THIS the last one now?

they postpone the hip,this the last one I hope

4H

Archived