Gibson Brands Forums

What did you all look like at age 20?

MorrisrownSal

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been away for some time on my boat in the out islands of Maine, but I couldn't pass this one up. It's nice up here in the land of lobsters and osprey.

Early spring of 1967, and I had just turned 20. Still have that old 1948 J-45.

Nickmediumres001cropped.jpg

Great photo and great that you still have the guitar!

Get ready to laugh as I cry!

Couldn't find any when I was 20, but I got...

me%20playing%20guitar.jpg

May2102.jpg

Jesse%20in%20Stephies%20Clothes.jpg

I look worse now, believe it or not!

The guitar was my first really good one, a Guild... uh... D-55 maybe? Purchased from Stan at Mandolin Bros. on Staten Island, August 2001 (same month the photo is from, I'd imagine). Nice guitar, but I never quite clicked with it. At the time, I was deciding between a used Martin HD-35, that Guild, and a Gibson J-185. (I wanted an SJ-200 or Hummingbird, but they were way out of my range! Not sure why I didn't have a J-45 on my radar... One big regret in life is that I didn't get the Gibson, because I'm sure I'd still have it.)

Jesse, it is uncanny how similar our tastes are in guitars. [thumbup]

1977-78 when we were 18-19 years old. This was our promo shot in "zoot suits" hand sewn by our drummer's mom. We are reuniting next April to play a benefit concert for the Arkansas Alzheimer's association. People will probably come as long as this photo isn't shown.

roxxfull6.jpg

Oouuh, time to revive this one. I'm 19 and the band is called The Tired Servicemen.

Style : Junkyard garage-folk.

The chord is A for Love The One You're With and the guitar still lives well at a friends place not so far from here. It's a Morris D-35/28 copy.

The co-singer's parents hall ~ The%20Tired%20Servicemen%20-%20original%20colours%202_1.jpg My dads mic to the right, lords bless him. .

Notice the fiddle on the wall.

Jesse, it is uncanny how similar our tastes are in guitars. [thumbup]

Yeah, I need to start consulting with you before I buy things! Hopefully you can try out a J-100 Walnut for me sometime. :P I think I have a J-100 Walnut or a J-200 in my five-year plan... or a J-185............

1977-78 when we were 18-19 years old. This was our promo shot in "zoot suits" hand sewn by our drummer's mom. We are reuniting next April to play a benefit concert for the Arkansas Alzheimer's association. People will probably come as long as this photo isn't shown.

roxxfull6.jpg

WOW. Which one are you??

Oouuh, time to revive this one. I'm 19 and the band is called The Tired Servicemen.

Style : Junkyard garage-folk.

The chord is A for Love The One You're With and the guitar still lives well at a friends place not so far from here. It's a Morris D-35/28 copy.

The co-singer's parents hall ~ The%20Tired%20Servicemen%20-%20original%20colours%202_1.jpg My dads mic to the right, lords bless him. .

Notice the fiddle on the wall.

These photos are great. Really good one...

LamptR_zpsdpgwhtwl.jpg

This is the oldest photo I could find, when I was perhaps 30 or so, with a band we called Lefty & the Rights. Bass player in the foreground and me in the back with a '56 reissue Goldtop Les Paul, Gretsch 6120 to the left. Plugged into an old brown Fender Concert amp, to the right of the bass player, with a Mesa Boogie Revolver in the signal chain, next to the 6120 (a Leslie-style rotating speaker/amp they made for a very few years, if that...........wonderful tone with that thing!)

That is funny blindboy! This was taken in the Hotel room at the Boneventure at the very first Beatlefest in LA (notice the black carnation). My band was called "Bluejayway" Later Beatlemania came around and I shaved the beard to join them. Read all about it here: www.allyouneedisjoe.com

Mind if I join in?

1979 at The Royal Oak in Standford Hampshire UK playing Hagstrom Swede, Roland JC120:

meatpubgig.jpg

May 2015, now minus hair but still in a (different) damn pub in Hampshire - and it's NOT the same shirt!

MeCadnam220515_zpsidhbbetv.jpg

• 4 months later...

Archived