Gibson Brands Forums

Memphis Les Paul ES

Sailjunkie

Just picked up a 2014 Les Paul ES with the gold top from GC (set up and on clearance...believe that?). OMG, through my Swart Atomic Space Tone, it sounds like butter! Cannot put it down! Strings feel like 10's but I know that Gibson ships their non custom ES guitars with 11's (right?). I also know Gibson made some modifications to the 2015 models, but I love '57 Classics on the 2014model.

post-5438-098684600 1439903253_thumb.jpg

Congratulations!!!

This guitar is such an excellent idea from Gibson.

When, I first saw it's white-top version, I had a really tough battle with GAS.

Enjoy it with good health!

Best wishes... Bence

Beautiful guitar. How long have you owned the Swart amp? I tried one out last week and loved the sound, but not the price. Beside the price I was surprised the amp does not have a connection for additional speaker cabinets. I am on the fence about purchasing the amp and I am trying to decide by Saturday. Do you have any regrets concerning the amp?

Thanks,

Kenny V

Beautiful guitar. How long have you owned the Swart amp? I tried one out last week and loved the sound, but not the price. Beside the price I was surprised the amp does not have a connection for additional speaker cabinets. I am on the fence about purchasing the amp and I am trying to decide by Saturday. Do you have any regrets concerning the amp?

Thanks,

Kenny V

I've owned the Swart about a year now (bought it used at Elderly Music in Lansing for $1000). My amp came with a connection in back for an external speaker (I believe you can buy these parts from Swart and modify the amp yourself). I love this amp and will take it to the grave! Very smooth clean sounds, but it also takes pedals very nicely (I use a Zendrive for distortion and an EHX Soul Food for clean drive).

Sailjunkie, thanks for your input, but I decided to go a different amp route and picked up a Supro Royal Verb amp yesterday. The Supro was a little less money than the Swart most likely due to hand wiring. So far I really like the sound and the versatility of the Supro, but I am not sure if it will surpass my fondness for my Fender Deluxe and Twin.

Kenny V

Sailjunkie, thanks for your input, but I decided to go a different amp route and picked up a Supro Royal Verb amp yesterday. The Supro was a little less money than the Swart most likely due to hand wiring. So far I really like the sound and the versatility of the Supro, but I am not sure if it will surpass my fondness for my Fender Deluxe and Twin.

Kenny V

No worries! Enjoy the Supro. I am with you on the Twin and the Deluxe, but they are too loud for what I do (which is play in my Condo most of the time)...would love to have either (although my Blues Jr. fills the bill fairly well).

Archived