Gibson Brands Forums

3 new Iommi Signatures

SGman94

In the Guitar World magazine, a few months back it was all about Tony Iommi on 40 years of Sabbath history. In it they talk about sabbath, iommi's influences, his early days of playing, and of course his guitars...in it they said that gibson had plans to unveil 3 new Iommi signature SG's in 2009...almost certain that they would unveil at least one of them at NAMM. Im curious as if they are still going to show them off or if they stopped production early to distribute another halfassed made les paul model...although it seems unlikely because they issue was just released 3 or 4 months ago.

also just wondering if anybody else read that issue.

I think I read that too, because I was talking with a buddy who speculated one of the 3 might be an "Inspired By" series repro of Tony's old modded Special (which would be ridiculously priced, but still very cool in theory). I haven't heard any NAMM leakage about them though.

H-Bomb

yea there is supposed to be an "Inspired BY" series for his "Monkey" SG, the red one he used on Paranoid and most of the first album...it is supposed to have the same pups and mods that he put on his...including that monkey looking thing sticker...which is gunna be SWEEEEEET!!!! but expensive...so im gunna start saving now.

Archived