Gibson Brands Forums

NGD First ES335

cjsinla

Found a few of these new 2013 ES335's on eBay. The price was less than buying a comparable used 335, got this one from Wichita Band. It seems to be much more versatile than I thought possible. I think the gold color must have put people off.

image.jpg3_zpsbhtzcyw8.jpg

image.jpg2_zps5zbpsrty.jpg

Found a few of these new 2013 ES335's on eBay. The price was less than buying a comparable used 335, got this one from Wichita Band. It seems to be much more versatile than I thought possible. I think the gold color must have put people off.

Yeah, I've played that exact guitar, in E.M. Shorts's (AKA Wichita Band) store! They're having

a blowout sale, currently, to make room for new stock! No doubt, you got a good deal on it!

Congratulations, and ENJOY!! [thumbup]

CB

Yeah, I've played that exact guitar, in E.M. Shorts's (AKA Wichita Band) store! They're having

a blowout sale, currently, to make room for new stock! No doubt, you got a good deal on it!

Congratulations, and ENJOY!! [thumbup]

CB

Yes sir! They gave me a great deal. I had a feeling you would weigh in on this at some point. This guitar is very nice in terms of tone and playability. I don't think I have ever played a 335 in my life. It is different, but better than I imagined it would be. I heard that the 57's go well in the 335's and they were not lying.

Steveford what is that wide bridge on your Signature?

That's what they call a harmonica bridge because of its shape, common in the 70's. I think Schaller made them for Gibson

What a beautiful guitar, I did not know Gibson made some 335 in that color, enjoy.

Kenny V

Thanks, I was surprised when I saw that color, too.

Steveford what is that wide bridge on your Signature?

That's not my guitar, that's from an ad on Reverb.

I had that bridge on my old SG; at the time they were just normal fittment but today they look kind of clunky and out of place, don't they?

real nice.

The ES 335 is my fav guitar in the Gibson line up.

Very interesting color too.

real nice.

The ES 335 is my fav guitar in the Gibson line up.

Very interesting color too.

The Gibson site does not list specs for a gold 335, I think it was some kind of 2013 limited edition plaintop. The closest thing they list is the Fat Neck but that one has Klusons. I assume this one has 57's in it. It it sounds great anyway. I'll check a few things at the first string change.

CONGRATS!

BEAUTIFUL DRAPED IN GOLD! msp_thumbup.gif

Thanks, I was torn between the all gold one and a used figured one in a natural finish. I ended up going with the gold because it seemed a little bit more rock 'n' roll to me and I have always wanted an all gold guitar since the 80s.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived