Gibson Brands Forums

Zzzzzz...

olie

If anyone is even remotely interested in the band I'm referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nnd6Bf5ptQ

That's from this past weekend. I'm the guy doing the Johnny Ramone hop and Pete Townshend windmill in the first little bit of the video.

Not a big deal if no one's interested, but I thought some of the regulars here might find it fun to watch a bit of a "window into the life" of another regular.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Cliff - curious to know what style your solo stuff is - or do you prefer not to be pigeonholed? I'm recording a load of old songs (and new) on my BR80 and loving it although could do with a proper bass or lead player instead of playing all the parts - I'm really just a Strummer!

Great Cliff - curious to know what style your solo stuff is - or do you prefer not to be pigeonholed? I'm recording a load of old songs (and new) on my BR80 and loving it although could do with a proper bass or lead player instead of playing all the parts - I'm really just a Strummer!

Best described as old time country with melody style of Bob Dylan and Neil Young.

Just had a killer gig with my old punk rock band, the Huntingtons (we're back together intermittently), in Baltimore, MD this past weekend.

Man, that was quite a gig. The audience loved you guys. B)

I begin recording my solo record on September 12th (using my most excellent Recording King RAJ-122 for that).

I imagine that's going to come out a bit different than the video. ;)

Just curious mate a fella round the corner from me lives in Holland and plays in Moke...

No worries Dodger, perfectly legitimate question.

Couldn't help noticing you're a bit of a night owl, late shift or just in from the pub? [wink]

I have a vague memory of seeing Moke (on TV) at Pinkpop a few years ago, I thought they were all Dutch, but then I don't exactly have my finger on the pulse these days.

Great stuff Cliff, though your hair looks too normal for a punk revival, haha. I am looking forward to hearing some of your new stuff.

Yeah...haha...I will say, though, that the bands from the 90's Ramonescore scene we were a part of always had normal dude hair. This makes it easier all these years later to still look the part!

• 3 weeks later...

Really not much happening around here at the moment.....

Did anyone else notice that the AJ-45 ME has been elected to Guitar Player magazines "Hall of fame"?

http://www.epiphone.com/News/Features/Features/2015/Guitar-Player-Elects-AJ-45ME-to-Hall-of-Fame.aspx

I did search the GP website but, aside from the hall of fame awards page and Epiphones own sales blurb from NAMM 2015, there is no mention of the AJ-45 ME so I'm a tad curious as to how it got elected.

Interestingly, for those of us in Europe at least, after a 5 month hiatus Thomann are stocking the AJ-45 ME again. There are no reviews on the Dutch language site and only one on the English version, that is from a "MickS" who bought the guitar in April, polished up the satin finish himself and loves it to bits. Could that be anyone we know? [wink]

Archived