Gibson Brands Forums

Zzzzzz...

olie

Really not much happening around here at the moment.....

Did anyone else notice that the AJ-45 ME has been elected to Guitar Player magazines "Hall of fame"?

http://www.epiphone....ll-of-Fame.aspx

I did search the GP website but, aside from the hall of fame awards page and Epiphones own sales blurb from NAMM 2015, there is no mention of the AJ-45 ME so I'm a tad curious as to how it got elected.

Interestingly, for those of us in Europe at least, after a 5 month hiatus Thomann are stocking the AJ-45 ME again. There are no reviews on the Dutch language site and only one on the English version, that is from a "MickS" who bought the guitar in April, polished up the satin finish himself and loves it to bits. Could that be anyone we know? [wink]

'Tis I - mickthemiller - had mine for six months and it is getting better and better the more I play it. Love it

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Tis I - mickthemiller - had mine for six months and it is getting better and better the more I play it. Love it

I thought as much. Glad you're still enjoying it.

With my 51st birthday coming up in a couple of weeks I'd almost talked myself round again into buying one. Then last week I got a tax bill for €1100 which was about 600 more than expected so I'm afraid that idea has gone out the window. [crying]

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't want to start a new thread so this seemed as good a place as any.

Fascinating article on the Epiphone website http://www.epiphone.com/News/Features/2015/Epiphone-Historic-Collection.aspx

Finishing with this tantalizing tidbit...

Because of the scarcity of Epiphones on the vintage market, the Epiphone Historic Collection is a priceless link to Epiphone's past. Unlike most American guitar companies, Epiphone has barely scratched the surface in reissuing its storied past which means millions of Epiphone fans around the world have only had a glimpse of the long history of the House of Stathopoulo. However, that might change in the near future. Stay tuned.

Archived