Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Luis Serrano

Stanton Deckadance wishlist/feature requests

Hi Scoox,

Good list of requests, thank you! It's important to explain them and you have done it perfectly. I'm working in some points of your list and other ones are in the TODO list.

Thank you!! [thumbup]

Guest DJ O.N.O

Hello could you possibly add a cue function in the horizontal track view ie in the drop down list maybe . I think it would be nice to be able to pre cue songs without toggling back to the main mixer page each time.

Thanks for your time.

Guest leeroy

*- a full explorer would be really nice, to be able to run from usb sticks in the main browser instead of the small file browser

*- maybe the ability to disable the crossfader ?

*- thought maybe a slim horizontal window under the waveform as another space for eq's, cue's, custom knobs etc would be quite nice. kind of save squeezing the peakscope as much

love the software, keep up the good work. and sorry if these ideas have been put forward already

Guest avajra

I can only get deckadance to load 12 minutes of any song file... is there a way to load longer songs ??

So, the request is to be able to load longer songs. thx - JR

One thing IMO could be improved is colour contrast. Here I give an example: the dark gray labels "1-8" on unused cue buttons are almost unreadable against the black button background. On used cue buttons, the labels are yellow and naturally stand out more, but still they are a bit too small to read comfortably on certain displays. Here are my suggestions, I hope other users comment:

Instead of colouring the labels, colour the whole button background, like in Traktor:

post-75244-039988400 1501813830_thumb.png

Bigger buttons: Currently the gaps between buttons are huge, that's wasted space. You can see in the pic above that in Traktor the gaps are very narrow so as to maximize the effective button area.

Empty cue button labels should still have easy enough to read, so I would personally make them a bright gray or white, again this is something Traktor did well.

Coloured button backgrounds could be interesting if you plan to add cue point "types" like in Traktor (Start, Fade In, Fade Out, Regular, etc).

NI's Traktor S4 MK1 controller had opaque black button backgrounds with translucent lit-up labels. In MK2 they changed this around to translucent button background with opaque labels, and all their controllers afterwards have used this scheme. The reason is that with the mk1 design you are looking at tiny numbers and letters, while with the mk2 design you are looking at nice big coloured square pads. Of course the latter is easier to see.

Maybe this is one for Deckadance 3, which will justify a new UI look and feel. Thank you :)

I still would love a voting system. (For feature wishes.)

I see in the forum that would be possible. (With the plus and minus Button)

But when people like myself write a bunch of features in one Post it breaks the idea.

Because usually u don't like every wish the same or think it is that important.

And the hole structue is a bit to blown up if u write one featur per post.

I have seen Unrealengine using a external site. For the management of feature requests.

But haven't found it right now i will search for it.

This is not what i rememberd. But the functional design looks great to me.

Only votes anweres heading and watches visible. And u can klick on it and discuss and look at a better desctiption.

Unrealengine Features