Gibson Brands Forums

oh bloody hell

Guest Farnsbarns

Farns you did the right thing! We want you to stick around [thumbup]

I hope you get an answer as to what the hell happened there. Not knowing can cause more anxiety than knowing. As already mentioned it's sad that so many pill happy clowns mess it up for those of us that actually need a good pain medication now and then. A few years back I got put "on a list" at a local pharmacy because I needed a cold medication that meth heads use to make meth. I had to show my driver's license and was warned that if I came back "too soon" for more I would be "reported". Damn junkies [cursing]

If they ever start making opiates out of chocolate chip cookies boyz - I'm going to prison [crying]

I had pleurisy along with bilateral pneumonia a couple years back, it's rather gnarly even outside of the fact that it hurts every damned breath. They threw some anti-inflammatories that did a hell of a lot of good.

Hope you feel better soon, if not already. It ain't fun.

Curious, as it applied in my case, were they concerned you may have had meningitis? Most of my pain was centered around the spine at my shoulders so it was a concern, spinal tap and all.

Yes, great to hear the ticker is ok. I recently had to change my diet. I have been getting bad heartburn many a night and lay awake. I love the spicey foods and will miss them dearly but I can't put up with that feeling any more. The acid reflux pills worked for a long time, now taking 3 of them does little. The aches and pains we older ones get. My wife's step dad assured me it does get worse yet! Oh Joy.

A few years back I got put "on a list" at a local pharmacy because I needed a cold medication that meth heads use to make meth. I had to show my driver's license and was warned that if I came back "too soon" for more I would be "reported". Damn junkies [cursing]

I take Claritin for two months or so in the summer (allergic to oak pollen) and I have to cough up the drivers license each time. Can't come back for more until I'm almost out. They gotta combat the meth smurfs somehow I guess. A few bad apples always ruin the whole barrel.

Glad you are okay, Farns! Really sucks getting old. I read your story with interest because my own right arm has been tingling like crazy after spending the last couple weekends fishing off shore. Pulling sharks up off the bottom is apparently more than my 52 year old right arm can handle. [crying] My heart and blood pressure test good (yearly checkups) so I imagine its nerve related. Gonna give it rest this weekend (except for a Sat night gig) and hope it abates.

I can't work out why the hospital didn't give me that before discharging me. Never mind, all's well that ends well. Now I just have to deal with work who I sense will give me some jip for the day off.

A very observant doctor noticed the callouses on your left finger tips and realized you were a guitarist. All guitarists do drugs. Right?

Glad its nothing serious Farns!

Costochondritis is the condition that was probably mentioned. I suffer from it. Its caused by a viral infection in the cartilage between the sternum and Rib cage. Its bloody painful and gives symptoms similar to a heart attack.

Its refered to as Tietze syndrome.

I'll give you a call later.

Regards

See, you may be a pair after all. [mellow]

FARNS! You DID THE RIGHT THING!

Two years ago I had chest pains while shoveling snow- they went away when I stopped. That repeated a few times. Long story short- went to the Dr's then the hospital. My LDA (Left descending aeorta) was 95% blocked. Dr. told me they call it the "Widow Maker"- IF a piece of placque would have broken free I'd have been a dead guy! I have a stent now and am doing fine!

Best wishes and prayers to you, our friend!

Brian

PS- What's wrong with a tit??!!

Yeah - I almost kicked the bucket when my LAD, left circumflex and some other artery went down in '03.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKPOhFZuFQg

Archived