Gibson Brands Forums

"One day I will own ________"

pippy

My list is very simple. 2 things.

I wish I could pay my mortgage off and stay in my house until die.

Homee_zps48e36246.jpg

My house.

My health problems have almost bankrupt me and I've had to put it onto interest only. So, can't clear it.

Second. I wish I could find happiness. It has eluded me all my life (Health problems again). All of my relationships have been wrong and I've only ever found the 'one' once, but she died. Long story.

So, I've almost given up. There you go. a Tatty old rusty bucket list.

Guitars. Any, it's in your hands.

if we were just asking the question of a much pined after guitar, it's a j200 for me. But there's more to life though than just this stuff isn't there?

I'd love to be able to take my wife to Italy before we're too old and feeble to enjoy the trip.

our house will be paid up in about 10 years, but a lot can happen in those years... I'll be happy if we both wind up with a mortgage paid and a few years of being retired ahead of us. We tend to forget how precious and short our time here really is.

Bucket List? I tell people, and mean it, that if I died today I'd have no regrets as far as "a life lived". I've been blessed of God that I've done some very unusual things, met all sorts of people, traveled all over the world. I guess if anything, I'd like to travel to some of the locations I've visited while doing investigations/ training, as a 'tourist'.

I am married to a wonderful woman, have two daughters that alternatively make me proud and drive me crazy, have grandkids I don't have enough time with.

Guitars- I have what I need and want what I have. How boring is that?

"IF" I could do the impossible, out of all the guitars I've sold, traded and 'lost' (stolen) I'd like the two that were stolen from me back. Not for revenge- but I was at a point where I had shed the "fluff" and my two guitars; a PRS McCarty in Seafoam Green w/ P90s and a Martin D-18SS fit me, my personality and my music perfectly.

I comfort myself thinking that the crook sold them and ultimately someone who loves them as much as I had, owns them now.

Brian

But there's more to life though than just this stuff isn't there?

I'd love to be able to take my wife to Italy before we're too old and feeble to enjoy the trip.

our house will be paid up in about 10 years, but a lot can happen in those years... I'll be happy if we both wind up with a mortgage paid and a few years of being retired ahead of us. We tend to forget how precious and short our time here really is.

THIS^^^ [thumbup]

Brian

An early 60's 335. Yep that's it!

Other B.L. goals: I want to record an album - or what used to be called an album. The real deal kind of album. I'm working on one with my nephew.

Pay off the house and stop herniating discs would be fabulous.

Bucket List? I tell people, and mean it, that if I died today I'd have no regrets as far as "a life lived". I've been blessed of God that I've done some very unusual things, met all sorts of people, traveled all over the world. I guess if anything, I'd like to travel to some of the locations I've visited while doing investigations/ training, as a 'tourist'.

I am married to a wonderful woman, have two daughters that alternatively make me proud and drive me crazy, have grandkids I don't have enough time with.

Guitars- I have what I need and want what I have. How boring is that?

"IF" I could do the impossible, out of all the guitars I've sold, traded and 'lost' (stolen) I'd like the two that were stolen from me back. Not for revenge- but I was at a point where I had shed the "fluff" and my two guitars; a PRS McCarty in Seafoam Green w/ P90s and a Martin D-18SS fit me, my personality and my music perfectly.

I comfort myself thinking that the crook sold them and ultimately someone who loves them as much as I had, owns them now.

Brian

I like the way you think.

I mean, this post just makes me FEEL good.

I think, the guitar I have never had, but always wanted: a good 335.

Realistically, I would OBVIOUSLY settle for any good 335, maybe cherry, maybe black or sunburst.

BUT...what I would REALLY want, is a burst 345. I would settle for red.

Interesting topic.

In fact, I don't think I need anything more. I just hate spending an entire life of collecting things that are immediately starting to decay as soon as the man puts his hands on them. I can't take them with me either. I am mentally tired of this game.

That's for philosophy. As far as reality is concerned...well...my thoughts aren't much different either. I have what I need, just can't keep pace with the amortization. East-European salaries are not about growing, they are about staying alive. This part of world, people finance all their non-biological needs from loans. That's why everything is decaying.

I'd like to restore my house in the countryside. My car is 18 years old. Still, I am happy with it, but needs a complete aestetical restoration.

Not much more really, still I can't see being able to accomplish these plans ever.

A new, reliable tube amp would be nice, though... ;)

Bence

my car is 19 years old Bence, but it almost knows its own way around and I could probably leave it with the engine running and it wouldn't get stolen [biggrin] - we got 2% pay rise this year and were told that was a good deal. [laugh]

ah well, the weather's nice at the moment anyway. [thumbup]

my car is 19 years old Bence, but it almost knows its own way around and I could probably leave it with the engine running and it wouldn't get stolen [biggrin] - we got 2% pay rise this year and were told that was a good deal. [laugh]

ah well, the weather's nice at the moment anyway. [thumbup]

I shouldn't complain either, I guess. The gov lowered the personal income tax rate by 1% from next year. That means, it will be 15% only! Too bad, it doesn't reduces the gross 45% tax burden on salaries - not even by a tenth of a percent. VAT remains at 27%. A great way to motivate people!

LOL!

Cheers... Bence

In rct's 'Howard Roberts / Chet Atkins' thread kidblast wrote something (post #8) which pricked a hair at the back of my scalp;

"...yea, time to start getting serious about the bucket list I guess..."

As I'm getting on in years myself this is probably something which I should address sooner rather than later...

Which guitars do you forumites wish, realistically, to own / have owned before you shuffle off this mortal coil?

Non-realistically is the second-part of the question.

Pip.

I must own a Dove, 70s Les Paul Deluxe, 1965 pre cbs Fender strat, Guild D-212 from 80s made in Westerly, Ibanez Artist from late 70s, Gibson R0, Gibson Firebird in red, American Strat in Sienna burst with rosewood fretboard, Gibson hummingbird, Rickenbacker 360 Fireglo, Rickenbacker 4001 bass 70s, PRS McCarty, Mosrite surf git from 60s, Jazzmaster, some kind of les paul with an Ebony Fretboard, 60s Epiphone Texan, Epiphone Broadway, Gibson Es 335 with the slimmer neck, and a Pre War small body Martin.

Gotta say, my Ric 660 was kindof a dream guitar of mine and I already got it. Like many others here I'm more than happy with what I've already got.

With that said it makes it a little hard to pick one guitar that I would really want. I still want many different guitars on a random basis. Mostly Gibsons.

1920s Martin 2-17 parlor guitar.

I played one in a shop on Denmark St in London, but had only recently bought my HG-00 so I wasn't in the position to spend the the same amount of money again so soon.

I loved the sound and the way it just fits right under your arm.

Archived