Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Kids today have the coolest toys


Recommended Posts

...What studio cameras were they made for?...

The lenses were made for use with any type of 5x4 camera - the owner just had to buy the correct size of lens panel.

I used them with my Sinar F.

Hang on a mo' and I'll dig it out.....it's in the cupboard under the stairs (Harry Potter likes to play with it).

 

Sinar%20lo-res_zpscogkssxx.jpg

 

The funny looking thing sticking up over the front panel was fitted to some lens panels so that the aperture (colour-coded along the length of the cable) could be adjusted from behind the camera to allow for exposure bracketing without the need for the snapper to move to the front of the camera. They were affectionately known as 'Mikey Mouse Ears' for obvious reasons...

 

Sadly this wonderful tool will, in all probability, never see another sheet of film.

 

...I think I'm going to have to build a time machine from my Lego to get this model aircraft. ..... this would be a great project. (the aeroplane not the time machine).

[laugh]

 

Pip.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, pretty cool, especially the drone. I might not tire of it too soon.   When I was young I quite enjoyed these...   and these as I aged a bit.   They were enjoyed until damaged beyond rep

Well, I think I can't complain. I spent all of my childhood with very cool stuff.   From my earliest years to the age of eight I loved model railway like my father did:       Then I graduall

Hi Rabs, you are never too old to have/play with toys. I like lego. When I was a child I always wanted a lego aeroplane, never did get one. But several years ago I stepped inside a lego store and ther

Posted Images

Other than Emma, I really have to be sorry, Rabs. I overlooked you already mentioned Lego and just found out by re-reading. [blush]

 

I beg your pardon.

Lol... its all good....

 

At least a quater of my posts on here go without comment so im used to it :P

 

Plus its just a forum... People can do as they like :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sinar%20lo-res_zpscogkssxx.jpg

...

 

Pip.

Are suitable digital backs available? I ask since it looks that it allows for advanced techniques like lens tilt and lens shift. These are things I never did but always found interesting. I guess you perform optical rectification through digital editing, but I thought more of manipulating the plane of focus here... OK, I admit the latter can be done digitally through appropriate stitching.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 years later...
On 9/3/2015 at 10:55 PM, L8_4thesh0w said:

Yes, pretty cool, especially the drone. I might not tire of it too soon.

 

When I was young I quite enjoyed these...

http://www.guillow.com/images/products/detail/No.35Starfire.jpg

 

and these as I aged a bit.

http://www.toemen.nl/images/producten/Guillows-F6F-Hellcat-houten-vliegtuig---503.jpg

 

They were enjoyed until damaged beyond repair and then it was not too terribly expensive to have another go.

They can still be found, unlike many other toys available in my youth. [smile]

 

I never advanced to my dad's skill level. He was into Free-Flight and RC models. I had a couple of Cox control line planes that suffered one too many prangs. [cursing]

I found the constructing to be the more rewarding part of the hobby.

I can’t think of anything cooler than both of those!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Adjustable steel roller skates that strapped to the bottom of your shoes. Separate the wheels, nail them to a piece of wood and you have yourself a 1960's skate board!

Did you know that you can launch a 55 gallon drum 50 feet into the air by filling a surgical glove with acetylene and taping a fuse to it? Put the drum on it, light the fuse and run!

In the sixties, most Woolworths or five and dime stores sold fuse, little rocket engines, fuel etc. AND there was no age limit!

The good old days!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Daniella said:

It's crazy how many things kids have access to. When I was young I had a few unicorn toys with my princess dress and that's it. I was so happy with it, now they like a toy for a few weeks and then they need a new distraction.

Our granddaughter who is 4, loves unicorns and her favorite movie is Frozen. She thinks she is a Princess and her first dance recital Grandma & I went to was called Princess something.  But she is a cutie. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I had the original 1977 Star Wars figures (Darth Vader and Luke) and the X-Wing Fighter.   That stuff is worth big bucks now - no idea what even happened to them.  

DSC05541.jpg

I don't think that would hold up to well in the wind tunnel I work at.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I come from a time when boys didn't play with dolls("action figures" :rolleyes:)  and OUR only "action figures" were those tiny, cheap little green  Army men made of some kind of malleable  plastic.  And the most fun me and my best friend got out of those was to set their heads on fire and listen to that cool "zip!" sound made when the melted plastic fell to the ground.  [biggrin]

But G.I.Joe  didn't come out until we were 13 and long past playing with toys basically.  More interested in spending any time or money on buying and listening to rock'n'roll 45s.  [wink]  While thinking about girls too.  \:D/

One of the "coolest" toys I coveted was...

Whitefang

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Remember when GI Joe got and Kung Fu grip?

I had a bunch of those GI Joe's. They were as tall as the ken & barbie.  I had a jeep truck that pulled a cannon behind that shot a missile.  And a few other military trucks with it. Sand bags and all the war stuff with it. My mom babysat and I had to watch the older boys so we would go out side and dig fox holes and have battles lol.  Thanks for reminding me of that Sgt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Retired said:

I had a bunch of those GI Joe's. They were as tall as the ken & barbie.  I had a jeep truck that pulled a cannon behind that shot a missile.  And a few other military trucks with it. Sand bags and all the war stuff with it. My mom babysat and I had to watch the older boys so we would go out side and dig fox holes and have battles lol.  Thanks for reminding me of that Sgt. 

If GI Joe came out now they would most certainly make a Gender Reassignment GI Joe, complete with detachable p-enis and fake add on boobs, so you can make your Joe or Jane the gender they identify with.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

And come in a box labeled "Binary G.I. Them"   [wink]

Whitefang

The world we live in is insane. How does someone born female say they feel like they should have been a male. You don't know cause even if you get 100 surgeries to look like the other gender, you still never truly are, and will never know what a man feels like. I don't know what it feels like to be a woman. If born female you will always have XX chromosomes and males will have XY. That you will never be able to change with surgery and any medication you take. 

The only place it was handy to be female was the line for the bathroom at Rush concerts. My wife loved going to see Rush with me. She never had to wait in line to pee. 19,996 guys at a Rush show, and 4 women.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

If GI Joe came out now they would most certainly make a Gender Reassignment GI Joe, complete with detachable p-enis and fake add on boobs, so you can make your Joe or Jane the gender they identify with.

Maybe that's why people are paying hundreds of dollars for the Original ones? Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The world we live in is insane. How does someone born female say they feel like they should have been a male. You don't know cause even if you get 100 surgeries to look like the other gender, you still never truly are, and will never know what a man feels like. I don't know what it feels like to be a woman. If born female you will always have XX chromosomes and males will have XY. That you will never be able to change with surgery and any medication you take. 

The only place it was handy to be female was the line for the bathroom at Rush concerts. My wife loved going to see Rush with me. She never had to wait in line to pee. 19,996 guys at a Rush show, and 4 women.

I hear you.   "Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls, It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world, except for Lola!"  Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...