Gibson Brands Forums

Did You Hear the One About...

badbluesplayer

Did you hear the one about when BB King was playing at some juke joint one time and a chick threw her panties at him. They got hooked on his headstock and he didn't miss a note, just kept on playing with them on there, like it never happened, like a pro. And then he thanked her very politely after the tune. I forget what he did with the panties after that. [biggrin]

Someone should ask Tom Jones. He has, supposedly [confused] , over the years had quite a few pair of panties tossed at him. [laugh][thumbup]

Don't know about BB King , but it is true about Tom Jones.

When I lived in Las Vegas from the70s through the 80s , we would of course have family and friends stay at our house while they were in town.

My brother and his wife went to seeTom Jones at Ceasars Palace, and we they came back after the show, they both said the same thing.

The women were throwing their panties and bras on stage.

My brother said some of them were taking them off and throwing them through out most of the show.

Maybe BB had a special stash of slightly "used" panties he kept in a "special" guitar case.

Did you hear the one about when BB King was playing at some juke joint one time and a chick threw her panties at him. They got hooked on his headstock and he didn't miss a note, just kept on playing with them on there, like it never happened, like a pro. And then he thanked her very politely after the tune. I forget what he did with the panties after that. [biggrin]

What concerns me is that at some point you knew what he did with the panties, but have since forgotten. ew.

rct

One of our recently passed local singers, 300+ lb trucker with a '64 Strat he bought new, used to keep a rather large pair of red satin panties in his guitar case. At some point during the evening, usually when the crowd was lubricated but not falling over, he would invariably go to get something out of his case (and make a show of it) at which point he would pull out the big red panties, hold them up and make some comment like "Now who left THESE in here?"

It was an old lame joke but he was charismatic enough that everyone laughed...every time.

I often thought about standing up at that point and shouting, "So THAT'S where I left them!"

Archived