Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro VS. Standard Plustop Pro

240SX

I'm trying to decide on a Les Paul guitar and I'm thinking it's going to be down to either the Traditional Pro or the Standard Plustop Pro (unless someone can recommend something better). Which would you pick and why? I play just about everything from Blues to Hard Rock. Thanks guys.

I'm trying to decide on a Les Paul guitar and I'm thinking it's going to be down to either the Traditional Pro or the Standard Plustop Pro (unless someone can recommend something better). Which would you pick and why? I play just about everything from Blues to Hard Rock. Thanks guys.

I think the biggest difference of the two would be the Traditional not having a finished back and neck. so to me it would be about the feel of the guitar. both will probably get you the sound you want playing blues and rock. they both have Probuckers but the Traditional has an Alnico Pro in the neck position (not really sure what the difference in sound is). for a little extra $, you may want to check out the 60's tribute with Gibson '57 Classics. it comes with a case and has the coil tapping also. it would be a good pick if you prefer a slimmer neck. good luck in your search!

I think the biggest difference of the two would be the Traditional not having a finished back and neck. so to me it would be about the feel of the guitar. both will probably get you the sound you want playing blues and rock. they both have Probuckers but the Traditional has an Alnico Pro in the neck position (not really sure what the difference in sound is). for a little extra $, you may want to check out the 60's tribute with Gibson '57 Classics. it comes with a case and has the coil tapping also. it would be a good pick if you prefer a slimmer neck. good luck in your search!

Archived