Gibson Brands Forums

God Bless Britannia

rct

Another season is upon us over here. "Paul is a size queen". [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Best. Fookin TV. EVER.

maxresdefault.jpg

191245.jpg

I have a man crush on Paul and a regular crush on the other three. Thank You Jeebus for bringing us this.

rct

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted you to know, even though nobody cares, we still like you.

Not bashing you or anything, I know for a fact food in Jersey is way better than food in Oregon. So who am I to say?

Bigfoot Cafe out at Seaside, some miles north of The Haystack. I'd love to go back, we'll have some ribs and a beer.

rct

... I know for a fact food in Jersey is way better than food in Oregon. So who am I to say?

Food quality depends a lot on environment, the ways of growing and breeding, storing, preparation, and finally... personal taste. I guess rct referred to preparation in first order. [drool]

Food quality depends a lot on environment, the ways of growing and breeding, storing, preparation, and finally... personal taste. I guess rct referred to preparation in first order. [drool]

Over there in Jersey, they actually do have higher standards, take food and flavor more seriously. People are used to tasting better tasting stuff.

There are a few good places here, but it's on the expensive side. I guess another way of putting it, most any average diner there in Jersey where you might eat often taste from good to great, and the average p[laces here, well, they aren't worth eating out for.

That's the difference in environment.

Oh, and they dress much better there, too.

I am, right now, about to slap a big fat ribeye (full of marble) onto the cast iron- soon as it reaches temperature.

Apparently, I am pretty good at these mashed potatoes, too. Those are re-heating as we speak.

There will be no baking going on here.

It's all American for me this eve.

I am, right now, about to slap a big fat ribeye (full of marble) onto the cast iron- soon as it reaches temperature.

Apparently, I am pretty good at these mashed potatoes, too. Those are re-heating as we speak.

There will be no baking going on here.

It's all American for me this eve.

Enjoy !

4H

rct come down to Bama for the best ribs in the world "Big Daddy's BBQ & Top Hat can NOT be beat brother,They have a BBQ tater stuffed with cheese ,BBQ ,lil butter . No way to eat the whole thing

4H

I could have...excepting I can't eat nothin now on account of the big, fat, juicy slab of dead cow I just chomped down. And followed it with a heavy bowl of mashed potatoes.

Although, I might manage to stuff a doughnut down.

Over here, we have this restaruant called "The Reinlander", which as you might figure, German.

Now, I ain't qualified to say if it authentic or not, but it IS top quality and delicious. REAL TASTY STUFF.

Also, the girls dress in these uniforms that resemble what I see in pics of some beerfest. If THAT'S authentic, as is the food, I might seriously consider moving to Germany. The Fatherland.

No one speaks German around here.

Seaside Oregon?

.....sounds vaguely familiar

Hecks yes, straight northwest outta Portland, state road 26. Me and Mrs spent a week out that way on our 2010 Coast To Coast Tour. Still got the Bigfoots shirt!

fa8e8a0ea054feef790f166936b0d0cf.jpg

rct

rct come down to Bama for the best ribs in the world "Big Daddy's BBQ & Top Hat can NOT be beat brother,They have a BBQ tater stuffed with cheese ,BBQ ,lil butter . No way to eat the whole thing

Alabama is one of only three continental states we haven't spent a few days in. It is on our list, hopefully 2016 trip to Yellowstone and Death Valley and DisneyLand will end with an I-10 to I-20 east bound roll through MS and your lovely state! That'll leave only Vermont.

rct

Hecks yes, straight northwest outta Portland, state road 26. Me and Mrs spent a week out that way on our 2010 Coast To Coast Tour. Still got the Bigfoots shirt!

fa8e8a0ea054feef790f166936b0d0cf.jpg

rct

Ah, Ok.

You sir, are well a well traveled man.

I had to google map it to remember, and actually even remember the the Oregon coast, which I used to spend some time at.

Yea, Seaside is a fun place...good for a weekend trip or even just a day trip. It's for the most part, a resort...but more of a weekind/quick trip kinda thingy, compared to the other coastal resorts here within distance.

The Haystack, we know that area mostly as Cannon beach, also cool. There is a small town/shopping/fishery touristy place down there on kinda an estuary, where they have some places where you can eat, literally, fresh crab right out of the water. And buy a Gayabara.

Thanks for bringing back memories, my friend. Spent quite a lot of weekends in the past at these places with the girl, driving up and down the coast in the Caddy, staying where ever.

And while I do remember that place (Bigfoot), I can't remember eating there.

Edit: Newport, not Cannon beach. Been to both, but I was describing Newport.

Disneyland in Anaheim? Let me know when you're in town if you wanna grab a beer. That's my neck of the woods

Yeah man. Need to go back to Death Valley so we can Jeep out to the Race Track, must see it. And we can't go down that close to DisneyLand without going. We will have a fine beverage at the Cali Hotel there!

rct

Have a great time at Disneyland Frayn, but when you're done toolin' around with those Princesses, head the car up US5 to San Francisco to a small pit in the inner city called Brother In Law's for the finest barbecue on the left coast.

And skip the ribs and order as much brisket as you can stand plus a little more for seconds later that the evening. I'm talkin' the real deal here bubba.

Where I live now here on the east coast I am continually jonesing for real barbecue. The only good stuff I've been able to find is the stuff I make myself.

Have a great time at Disneyland Frayn, but when you're done toolin' around with those Princesses, head the car up US5 to San Francisco to a small pit in the inner city called Brother In Law's for the finest barbecue on the left coast.

And skip the ribs and order as much brisket as you can stand plus a little more for seconds later that the evening. I'm talkin' the real deal here bubba.

Where I live now here on the east coast I am continually jonesing for real barbecue. The only good stuff I've been able to find is the stuff I make myself.

Dammit. You remind me that I've been to SF but Mrs and I have not. I need to get her there next year if we go to Yellowstone. Dammit dammit dammit why do we live in a country so full of great places to go?

rct

Definitely no shortage of great food in SF. I know you like cats, so if you go to the Bay Area check out one of the cat cafés. The one in Oakland is better than the one in SF, and they have some REALLY cool cat-related art for sale at the Oakland place. My lady and I enjoyed it at least haha

Definitely no shortage of great food in SF. I know you like cats, so if you go to the Bay Area check out one of the cat cafés. The one in Oakland is better than the one in SF, and they have some REALLY cool cat-related art for sale at the Oakland place. My lady and I enjoyed it at least haha

Dude. You have Sam Brown for an avatar. I'm sitting here across from our two Exploding Dog originals, signed. 15 years old now I suppose. If you like the art we will! Are these the cat cafes you can adopt from? Saw them on the television machine somewhere.

rct

Dude. You have Sam Brown for an avatar. I'm sitting here across from our two Exploding Dog originals, signed. 15 years old now I suppose. If you like the art we will! Are these the cat cafes you can adopt from? Saw them on the television machine somewhere.

rct

Yep you can adopt, or just play around with the cats and check out the cat stuff. They bring you tea or coffee but it's pretty much all about the cats haha

Another season is upon us over here. "Paul is a size queen". [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I had never seen an episode until, quite by chance, this very afternoon.

Surprisingly entertaining. Very much so, in fact!

Some of the contestants' ideas gave us, erm, ideas.

Cod and clementine zest, anyone?

[thumbup]

Pip.

Archived