Gibson Brands Forums

Appreciation

Silvercrow

I too came here a "few" years ago, and it was still a bit like the wild west. Some of those fights were epic! I landed here because I was looking for info/tips/etc as I had purchased a new Les Paul "Classic". Of course, I was quickly informed that my LP was a chambered piece of sh!t with piss yellow inlays and ceramic pickups! :rolleyes:

But I stuck around and learned there was a core group of informed and helpful people here - and some genuinely nice folks. I've been known to disappear for awhile when I get bored, but I always seem to return. The roster has changed a bit over the years, but there remains a nice group of guitar players (both old and new members) who enjoy contributing to this community.

I laughed so hard, a tear ran down my leg [scared]

TC

It's great hearing your stories! I appreciate all of you and look forward to many days to come, God willin'!

It must have been something, back in the "early days"! I've been a member on boards that run aggressive to downright hostile. While amusing, in my book it just ain't cool to slam someone or be disrespectful for lack of knowledge or differing opinion. But...when people are passionate about something, that passion comes out and that, I like!

I've always felt welcomed and Kidblast, Farns, Autumn Light and Shade, KS Daddy, Headknocker, and many others went above and beyond with help, encouragement and friendship.

Thanks again for reading and posting on this thread! There was a time in my life, not long ago, when I lost touch with the important things in my life, including maintaining "an attitude of gratitude" and I never want to go there again!

Brian

Hi all, :)

I too enjoy this forum. I have made some great new friendships. Really great folk here and I enjoy reading the posts. It's great to read all different opinions on things. It's helped me see a broader picture.

Since joining, I have learnt so much and have gained a lot of knowledge/know how, this has given me the confidence to have the 'get up and go' and do some modifications to my SG.

But it's not just about the guitars and all things musical, it's you the forum members that make this a special place to come to.

Bless you all.

kind regards, Emma :)

Archived