Gibson Brands Forums

The Beatles 1 DVD trailer

Rabs

Cool stuff. Now where is the Let It Be movie.

I remember seeing "Let It Be" in the theater. I was actually encouraged, because it showed that "THE BEATLES" were

just like bands I was in! Goofing around, working out licks & phrases, getting frustrated, having an argument, being bored,

etc. It blew away the "myth" behind all the "hype" about them. And yet, that endeared them, even more, to me! The fact

that they were (essentially) just a "rock & roll" band, like the one's I'd played in (but, with Lennon, McCartney, and Harrison,

writing the songs). Seeing how they put it all together, how the "magic" was more about a lot of work, trial and error, until it

really was a kind of "raw magic!" I loved that it was Raw, and Real! The "Roof Top Concert," was just icing on the very basic

cake!

Loved It!

CB

I saw it when it was played on cable when cable first stared out. Me and my cousin watched it. I have seen it a few times since. The last time I saw a hard copy of the movie I was in a little music store in Carlsbad, Ca. Essentially what ended up happening was The Beatles filming themselves breaking up. I remember George and Paul having a spat. "I'll play if you want or not play if you want." I think George was playing that Rosewood Tele.

He was using "Lucy{" at the time of the argument. The Rosewood Tele, was later...and/or on the Roof Top! [thumbup]

CB

I think he was playing the Tele on Let It Be. The Roof Top was cool. Ringo said he wanted to be arrested and that would be a great ending to the movie.

Yes, that's right...but, in the scene showing George's and Paul's argument, George was playing "Lucy!"

I thought that's what you were referring to.

CB

Archived