Gibson Brands Forums

Maestro for Sg

poopcicle

Hey everyone, I love the look and feel of the Maestro on my Tweedy Sg and am thinking about adding one to my 2016 special T and my soon to be acquired Stansandard. My question is where can I get the Maestros to install? I found an aftermarket version on allparts but would really like to go with the Gibby part! Thanks in advance for your time and help

Gibson won't sell those, to the public...or, at least they wouldn't a few years ago (I know, I've tired)!

(With all the Gibson "Fakes," I think they don't want to risk their parts ending up on Fake Chibsons, etc.

but, that's just supposition, on my part.)

So, probably the only way to get (new) one, would be through a Gibson dealer, or authorized Gibson repair shop.

Might check E-bay, for one. I see them on there, now and then.

Good Luck!

CB

G

So, probably the only way to get (new) one, would be through a Gibson dealer, or authorized Gibson repair shop.

Might check E-bay, for one. I see them on there, now and then.

Good Luck!

CB

That's a good idea.

In the past (years, mind you) I used to be able to get "authorized" parts from repair shops. It was especially easy with a guitar, as in, the appropriate guitar so they can "prove" they are going to use the parts for it.

Archived