Gibson Brands Forums

Two guitarists in my thoughts today...

C-RAM

Joni Mitchell and Glen Campbell

Both of these artists have given me much aural pleasure for many years... I wish I could thank them personally while they are still here with us.

They continue to occupy my diverse workout playlist, I never tire of listening to them. [smile]

There's a recent DVD documentary out on Glen's battle with Alzheimers called "I'll Be Me". A very interesting, moving, and sad video. Well worth the watch for any Glen fans, anyone dealing with the disease on a personal level with a friend or relative, or anyone wanting to learn more about the disease.

Putting a name and face on the disease, especially one many of us admire, really brings home the devastation of this terrible disease, and the trials and tribulations of the loved ones.

There's a recent DVD documentary out on Glen's battle with Alzheimers called "I'll Be Me". A very interesting, moving, and sad video. Well worth the watch for any Glen fans, anyone dealing with the disease on a personal level with a friend or relative, or anyone wanting to learn more about the disease.

Putting a name and face on the disease, especially one many of us admire, really brings home the devastation of this terrible disease, and the trials and tribulations of the loved ones.

Agree on all counts. The docu was very well done. There are some who've accused his family of capitalizing on his dealing with the disease, but Glen was the one who wanted the docu and the tour. He wanted to expose the realities of dealing with it.

And if you want to see Glen in his prime, there's "The Wrecking Crew"!

Archived