Gibson Brands Forums

The penalty for not playing enough

Rabs

Ahh man... I did me some long overdue practice tonight as im about to make some videos so need to get into some sort of playing shape...

And of course as usual I was punished for being so out of shape with a nice big fat blister.... I always do this aswell... I don't play for ages, then I pick up a guitar and an hour or so later I have to put it down again (just as im really getting into what im doing)... oh well my own fault I guess ](*,) (I got this from that big first bend in the Little Wing solo)...

DSC_0189_zpssdfbpm6u.jpg

I know.. it looks kinda pathetic... but it is hurty and I don't want to burst it over the fretboard :unsure:

That sucks! Playing that guitar in your avatar might be worth the pain though. What a unique and great looking axe!

Thank you sir :)

That's actually one of the six guitars I will be making videos of.. Heres three of them that are my most recent builds

DSC_0166_zpsl71bjm6d.jpg

You built them? Holy smokes! Super nice tributes to Gibson, but not ripoffs. I've never seen anything like them. I can picture The Stones on stage with them. The concept reminds me of Zemaitis. Unique, but you can see what inspired them. Fabulous job!

Oh my... [crying] Looks bad, and also looks like you better should have a break until your fingertip has healed [unsure]

I have to deal with lots of problems at the moment, but I think I may feel blessed with my skin. I don't have any calluses, never had or needed some, and I never have to deal with blisters through playing guitar or bass.

You built them? Holy smokes! Super nice tributes to Gibson, but not ripoffs. I've never seen anything like them. I can picture The Stones on stage with them. The concept reminds me of Zemaitis. Unique, but you can see what inspired them. Fabulous job!

Rabs is a very gifted guitar builder. The Zemaitis comparison is pretty close I think. [thumbup]

:)

Well thanks.. I appreciate those comments....

And yes that's kinda my thing.. The Double Cut is my favourite shape ever so when I had the idea for these I thought why not... as you say im not trying to rip anyone off (PRS did that for all of us :unsure: ), its more of a tribute but yet you aint never seen a Gibson like that ;)

If you are interested I have a few build threads on here.. these half and half builds probably being my last before I put my website up and go into business. http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/118812-im-going-backwards-new-double-cut-body-build/ (its pretty long though so you may just want to look at the pictures ;))

Rabs is a very gifted guitar builder. The Zemaitis comparison is pretty close I think. [thumbup]

:o wow.. that's some comparison....

Well that's yet to be proven.... Zemaitis is a legend.. at the moment I think id be lucky to just make a living at it (really lucky)...

We will see soon enough.... there are many talented dudes out there...

OUCH!!

..and I've been looking forward to those videos - ah well, guess we'll just have to wait a few days longer. [smile]

Yup and on top of that all ive had a flu this week so have been properly out of action for the last few days.. that sucks too...

Its like every time I get near the end something else happens [rolleyes]

Patience is a virtue I guess :)

Yup and on top of that all ive had a flu this week so have been properly out of action for the last few days.. that sucks too...

I have the flu at the moment. It affects my muscles and joints, so I'm unable to put my skin to the test. My left thumb hurts, and I can't hold up the fretting forces of most chords. :(

Hello!

I have the elephant's skin on my fingers. All the nerves died in my fretting hand's fingertips.

On a annual company visit of the doctor, he tried to get drops of blood from fingertips. Of course, - as being the joker at the company - I gave my left hand. He couldn't get any. I was pretending being patient, until He became very embarrassed. Then I told Him, I play guitar, let's try with my right hand. :D

Get better, Rabs!

Cheers... Bence

That sucks!

I know because I'm..........

DSC_0378_zpsncq5ajk1.jpg

screwed!

And since that I use this to strengthen my fingermuscles.

But in your case look around 0:40, that you could use while watching Youtube for example.

Anyway if you can it's always better do do the real thing, and much more fun too.

Hope it get's better soon!

That sucks!

I know because I'm..........

DSC_0378_zpsncq5ajk1.jpg

screwed!

And since that I use this to strengthen my fingermuscles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOC393bTY-A

But in your case look around 0:40, that you could use while watching Youtube for example.

Anyway if you can it's always better do do the real thing, and much more fun too.

Hope it get's better soon!

Hi Mr C. O. Jones, I wish you on the good road to recovery. That is one nasty injury[scared]

kind regards, Emma:)

Hi Rabs, that looks painful[scared]

Warm salty water helps blisters heal. Don't pop it, seeing as you work with wood, you could end up with a infection.

By the way your guitars look stunning. Looking forward to the demo's/video

kind regards, Emma:)

Thanks and thanks :)

Yes I know how it gets when you pop them... never tried salt water though so may give that a go later .. Cheers [thumbup]

Hello!

I have the elephant's skin on my fingers. All the nerves died in my fretting hand's fingertips.

On a annual company visit of the doctor, he tried to get drops of blood from fingertips. Of course, - as being the joker at the company - I gave my left hand. He couldn't get any. I was pretending being patient, until He became very embarrassed. Then I told Him, I play guitar, let's try with my right hand. :D

Get better, Rabs!

Cheers... Bence

Does that mean you don't feel the strings under your fingers? Or do you feel them like me - I have CTS and therefore only the deep sensibility in index finger, middle finger, and thumb-sided half of the ring finger? The other half of my ring finger and the little finger have full sensibility all around.

My doctors and assistants are able to get some blood from all of my fingertips of both hands if needed. My skin is very beefy all around except on the soles of my feet. [biggrin]

Does that mean you don't feel the strings under your fingers? Or do you feel them like me - I have CTS and therefore only the deep sensibility in index finger, middle finger, and thumb-sided half of the ring finger? The other half of my ring finger and the little finger have full sensibility all around.

My doctors and assistants are able to get some blood from all of my fingertips of both hands if needed. My skin is very beefy all around except on the soles of my feet. [biggrin]

Hello Capmaster!

I feel mechanical contact with my fingers, but not in their tips. I can pinch them without feeling pain. It's like when I touch something, the feel of it gets transmitted to an upper part of my fingers. It's like wearing those metallic cups used by taylors. (I don't know the right term for it).

I am a "heavy-handed player" - as Donny once called me when I told Him about the premature fret wear I experience on my guitars. I am unsure whether that's a cause or a result.

Best wishes... Bence

Archived