Gibson Brands Forums

Mars Announcement

BluesKing777

That's also where they sent Jerry, isn't it? [biggrin]

BluesKing777.

OK it has to be said. Jerry is on Mars and guitarlight is with the Klingons on Uranus. It's just a very old joke. No offence intended.

I'm a bit crabby as I spent an hour setting up my telescope last night just to watch the lunar eclipse. The clouds came rolling in and it even rained. Sigh.

OK it has to be said. Jerry is on Mars and guitarlight is with the Klingons on Uranus. It's just a very old joke. No offence intended.

I'm a bit crabby as I spent an hour setting up my telescope last night just to watch the lunar eclipse. The clouds came rolling in and it even rained. Sigh.

Sorry to hear that. :( That seems to be what always happens for me--either it's cloudy as heck, if not rainy, or it is happening in winter and it's dark and -75 below...

You'll hate me, but I wandered out of my house at just the right moment last night as it was starting. Could not believe my luck. Called my mom (ha), dashed to her house, and she was in the street with some neighbors staring. Her other neighbor comes out and convinces us to come into her backyard (heh). We stood there and watched it forever.

Seriously never seen anything like it and could not believe my great luck. Watched the shadow spread from left to right, as the shadowed part turned red... watched as the entire thing was red, and light started at the bottom right of the moon, moved slowly left until it was at the bottom left, and then the light spread up up up and across, just the opposite of when it was the shadow going left to right, and in the end we had the most brilliantly bright moon I've ever seen.

Maybe a once in a lifetime experience for me.. sorry to rant, but it floored me.

I am curious about the Mars thing, but I suppose it won't be anything too staggering.

Where does that leave PM then ... ??

I think Jerry never left Mars..

Archived