Gibson Brands Forums

Hi all, here is my vintage Gibson amp (GA-30RV Invader)

fabio

Hi all,

I'm new to this board but i was searching for info and other people with cool old Gibson amp. Mine is a circa 1959-1960, Invader GA 30RV. It is in very good condition and still plays the original tubes (yea !) I play it on occasion, but it has a wonderfull warm sound that is hard to describe. The only thing that was done is a cap job and a 3 prong cable added. Anyone of you guys played/owned one ? And any opinions on the sound ?

Here is a pic : image.php?u=181098&dateline=1205556997

Yea exactly. It was hard to choose words to describe the sound but sweet, rich harmonic tone is really what i think describe it the best. The overdrive is typical of the amp of that era (verry saggy), but the clean is what suprised me the most, Ididn't go that sound out od any other amp i've owned.

Yea i think your right about the 6EU7, i never had any experience with them before but i like the kind of ringing quality i ear. They seem to have a little more ''caracter'' when the amp is set clean or just pushed a little. It's one of those things you have a hard time describing with words... you need to ear it.

Archived