Gibson Brands Forums

This is why...

daveinspain

GREAT GOOGELY-MOOGELY! That's what I'm talkin' about!

Excellent player; great phrasing / tone! Was doing the pinch harmonic / two hand tapping long before (and much better than, IMO) Van Halen!!

I've just realized there is very little Rory in my CD collection...gonna have to rectify that!!

Thanks for posting these!

Brian

No no he said it about Terry Kath of Chicago.

lol

and every other guitarist in the late 60s.

How about it! Just within the last year someone, probably with a lot of time on his hands, wrote a diatribe on all of the supposed Hendrix quotes "I don't know...ask Phil Keaggey" etc., and proved each one false- most of them by pointing out the reference person was never near Hendrix, hadn't reached the age of 16 before Hendrix died, hadn't become famous / mainstream yet, etc. You wonder how this stuff gets started...?

Brian

How about it! Just within the last year someone, probably with a lot of time on his hands, wrote a diatribe on all of the supposed Hendrix quotes "I don't know...ask Phil Keaggey" etc., and proved each one false- most of them by pointing out the reference person was never near Hendrix, hadn't reached the age of 16 before Hendrix died, hadn't become famous / mainstream yet, etc. You wonder how this stuff gets started...?

Brian

Darn. I had heard Hendrix said, "Ask Mike Bloomfield." That would have made me happy.

Archived