Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibson Convert! 2016 -J45 Vintage

Arkydigger

After many years of Martin devotion , I pulled the trigger on the new J-45 Vintage. I've never really played a Gibson that grabbed me but the specs on this model were just to irresistible to pass up. After a month of honeymoon, the desire to pick it up daily and play it is well quite Irresistible. Maybe there's really something to the much touted torrified process after all. All I know is I like it A lot. My 59 D-18 hasn't seen light of day since I started playing it. Now if I could only find a way to bring home that new cooked top Hummingbird!

Hello ^ That jump to the other side of the river is extraordinary interesting and happens in both directions.

But I'd say discovering the contemporary Gibsons is quite a trip. They are gorgeous, , , and the legendary (updated) G-flavour is addictive.

A huge pleasure to go back'n'forth between the 2. Tell us how it unfolds - might end up in a 80:20 G/M situation ;-)

You have landed the right place

Welcome

Agreed. It makes no sense to me to stick with any one brand. A great guitar is a great guitar regardless of the name on the headstock. For years I played a Guild that I loved. These days I"m splitting my time between Gibsons and Martins on acoustics and between Gibsons, Fenders and a few other names on electrics.

Welcome.

I'm one of those who enjoys several brands - glad you've gotten into the pleasures of playing Gibson guitars.

I'm curious . . . I see your joined the forum date is in 2008 . . why did you originally sign on?

Would love to see a pic or two.

Congrats on your new thermally aged J-45 TV, which I think Gibson is now calling the J-45 Vintage. . B)

Too many great guitars being made to just stick with one brand. I heavily favor my Gibsons, but I've got some others also......Welcome to the Gibson side. Pretty tough to beat a good J45, no matter what model it is. And don't forget about your Martin. A good Martin is also pretty tough to beat and it sounds like you've got a good one.

Congratulations on the J45 . I also have a new J45 , wouldn't change it for the world but I still use my Taylor and Yamaha NTX quite often , I still think that the GSMini is one of the great bargains . Play the 45 for at least an hour everyday can't beat the tone , playability and the timeless looks

Archived