Gibson Brands Forums

Will downgrade my 2015 Les Paul DC

awel

Decided, today I will bring my 2015 Les Paul DC to the shop to remove the G-Force and put 'classic' Kluson on it.

I am thinking as well to the replacement (if possible) of the zero fret by a 'classic' nut.

I like this guitar and the P90 but I am sick of the Gforce and the nickel zero fret, the brass nut has already been replaced and the strings starts already to mark the zero fret after 1 week [cursing] .

I was first thinking to sell it but even at 500€ no ones is interested so instead I will keep it but modify it.

By the way if someone is interested by the Gforce I can sell it for 75€.

Decided, today I will bring my 2015 Les Paul DC to the shop to remove the G-Force and put 'classic' Kluson on it.

I am thinking as well to the replacement (if possible) of the zero fret by a 'classic' nut.

I like this guitar and the P90 but I am sick of the Gforce and the nickel zero fret, the brass nut has already been replaced and the strings starts already to mark the zero fret after 1 week [cursing] .

I was first thinking to sell it but even at 500€ no ones is interested so instead I will keep it but modify it.

By the way if someone is interested by the Gforce I can sell it for 75€.

Hi Awel! Check your "in" box for a PM from me...

Brian

I read that Gibson are aware of the softness of the brass nut and have replaced some, though am uncertain what the replacement material was. Unless you dont like the design, it should be worth contacting them.

Already done and they have sent me another one, a nickel one which is supposed to be harder than the original brass nut.

and this one is already marked by the high strings :(

Archived