Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson acoustic dealers in Minneapolis?

Jesse_Dylan

Anyone familiar with any Gibson acoustic dealers in the Minneapolis area?

Sort of just thinking hypothetically, but... The lady is going to be visiting me for a while around Christmas, I hope, and if I can get the time off, I had been thinking about a train journey to Minneapolis.

Of course, this would also provide a fantastic opportunity for me to A/B the new SJ-100 Walnut with some SJ-200s and maybe once and for all decide which I like best...

That is, if there are Gibson dealers in Minneapolis. There are no five-star dealers. I feel like I live in a Gibson deadzone. I can never get the dealer locator to show anything but five-star dealers. Seems unfair to all the other dealers.

Anyone familiar with any Gibson acoustic dealers in the Minneapolis area?

Sort of just thinking hypothetically, but... The lady is going to be visiting me for a while around Christmas, I hope, and if I can get the time off, I had been thinking about a train journey to Minneapolis.

Of course, this would also provide a fantastic opportunity for me to A/B the new SJ-100 Walnut with some SJ-200s and maybe once and for all decide which I like best...

That is, if there are Gibson dealers in Minneapolis. There are no five-star dealers. I feel like I live in a Gibson deadzone. I can never get the dealer locator to show anything but five-star dealers. Seems unfair to all the other dealers.

http://williesguitars.com/

Sounds like a fun time!

There are a number of GCs in that metro area, often with some nifty new Gibsons.

You could go to the GC website to browse the new and used inventory of their stores in advance to figure which ones are worth visiting.

As mentioned there are 3 Guitar Centers that carry them. The Edina one usually has more Gibson's in stock, I usually call to see what they have in since it's an hour drive for me. Also Groove City Guitars carries new Gibson's and Willies is awesome but as mentioned used and vintage. Best selection close to the cities is Dave's in Lacrosse, Wisconsin and well worth the trip. To me Dave's always has the best inventory in the Midwest and prices are fair.

Wow, thanks you guys! Feel like I have a network here or something.

We'd be taking the train, so I suppose our mobility from there would be a little limited, just whatever is in the area. I will check on all that has been listed and see if any are feasible. I guess I wouldn't have to feel bad about not buying if it's a guitar center. I know, mean of me... Of course it would be a blast to check out a shop full of vintage Gibsons just for kicks, too!

Not a whole lot of inventory at the GCs, but I will check again closer to when we'd go. Pretty neat that you can look it up that way. No SJs yet!

Archived