Gibson Brands Forums

NSD!

Ryan H

Just got my Rock Slide from Songhurst Guitars today. For those not aware, it's a slide CNC milled from a solid billet of brass, with some very ergonomic differences over the traditional slide.

The inside of the slide is tapered; wider at the base, narrower at the tip. Like your finger. Makes sense.

There's a cutout on the palm-side of the slide at the base, to allow you to bend you finger more comfortably without cutting off circulation.

There's a little "gouge" taken out of the side for a neighboring finger to rest for support.

All in all, a really smart product that feels and sounds great. A little pricey for some, but the comfort compared to the typical "tube" or "bottleneck" slide is unparalleled...

They also do moulded glass and stainless steel ones. Might grab a glass one at some point...

QHyOZkP.jpg

MGSzB7p.jpg

nO0cENN.jpg

-Ryan

Looks nice and hefty; their UK dealer is charging between £18-£24 (GBP) for these.....they also have the complete range of V-picks......

[thumbup]

Yeah, they're not cheap...but the quality is impeccable and solid brass billets aren't cheap...

-Ryan

$25 ain't nuthin' if you play a lot of slide. I'm always on the lookout for them so I will check it out. Looks like they give good size measurements as well which is nice.

I'm using the Slide Ring a lot lately - nice if you also need to fret notes in the same song, but it's not a heavy (and sustainy) as I'd like to be.

365400000373519-00-750x750.jpg

Well, turns out the slide was a little "too comfortable". Not enough breathing room and was starting to get circulation issues. Guess I didn't order the right size. Emailed Danny Songhurst and he said just ship it back with a note, and they'll replace with the next size up, no questions asked. Fantastic customer service.

-Ryan

Well, turns out the slide was a little "too comfortable". Not enough breathing room and was starting to get circulation issues. Guess I didn't order the right size. Emailed Danny Songhurst and he said just ship it back with a note, and they'll replace with the next size up, no questions asked. Fantastic customer service.

-Ryan

Yeah, that's the hard part about mail ordering slides. I should use my micrometer to measure the interior diameter of my favorites. Nice that they were so accommodating. [thumbup]

Archived