Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Karloff

NFD

Nice score Karloff.

You know I've never actually handled one of those before.

Maybe I will see if I can seek one out and fondle it a bit.

Damn you!

Enjoy you new geet man.

I forgot to ask Karloff - can you tell me what hard case you found for this Firebird? I want this guitar but I don't want a freakin gig bag [thumbdn] I have 6 Gibson gig bags in a closet in my studio & one Fender gig bag. I should post them on Craigslist & get rid of them. :-k

Three Fender gigbags are in the closet here. Never liked that stuff from day one. I just keep them as they were included then. I replaced them with hard cases the day of the related guitar purchases.

Congrats on this beauty, Karloff! [love][thumbup]

Fair to put Rct's mind at rest by time. :)

A tip worth mentioning is pulling the E1st while pinching it at the tuner. Otherwise the tuning travel might get too short due to the E1st's larger stretching compared to the other strings. This is described in the manual and should be obeyed.

thanks for the tip Cap. I'll give that try.

I forgot to ask Karloff - can you tell me what hard case you found for this Firebird? I want this guitar but I don't want a freakin gig bag [thumbdn] I have 6 Gibson gig bags in a closet in my studio & one Fender gig bag. I should post them on Craigslist & get rid of them. :-k

Rev,

I bought one of the hardshell cases SKB makes for them, but i'm returning it. the fitment of the case was poor. the guitar fit fine, but the case itself , the top 1/2 did not seat properly with the main body of the case. plus the latches are plastic. she's going back. rooting around for a better case. yea, i hate gig bags too.

Nice score Karloff.

You know I've never actually handled one of those before.

Maybe I will see if I can seek one out and fondle it a bit.

Damn you!

Enjoy you new geet man.

thanks Quap. real good to hear from you !

Those tuners are going to be really tight from the factory so you'll have to put some muscle into the T handles the first time you go to change strings.

Nice guitar!!!

Those tuners are going to be really tight from the factory so you'll have to put some muscle into the T handles the first time you go to change strings.

Nice guitar!!!

thnx steve, i appreciate the tips guys. like i said, i'm new to these tuners.

Ah! This forum is bad as it gets me wanting more instruments! That Firebird is gorgeous Karloff [thumbup]

thanks cody. i love it. i've wanted one for too long.

I have a 2013 Firebird that I bought brand new back then and I love it. I didn't know what I'd think of the Steinberg tuners at first but I like them too. Awsome guitar. I think I play it probably more than my Les Pauls or Sg's actually. I wish I could find a video of how they are made . I am interested in how they make the necks. There seem to be numerous videos on all other Gibson models but never come across a Firebird in the making.

fb_oj.jpg

Last Saturday nights rig. Very happy with the Firebird. Exceeded expectations.

[thumbup] Good to hear. Guess I really do need one. [biggrin]

[thumbup] Good to hear. Guess I really do need one. [biggrin]

It's amazing how the guitars can pile up and we still want more. I would hardly have room for another guit, but this Firebird has me GASing

Congrats on the NGD, that is a beautiful firebird!!

thanks for the tip Cap. I'll give that try.

Rev,

I bought one of the hardshell cases SKB makes for them, but i'm returning it. the fitment of the case was poor. the guitar fit fine, but the case itself , the top 1/2 did not seat properly with the main body of the case. plus the latches are plastic. she's going back. rooting around for a better case. yea, i hate gig bags too.

thanks Quap. real good to hear from you !

You know Karloff - back on November 13th when you wrote the above response - I emailed Gibson Consumer Relations asking them which Gibson Hard Case would they recommend would fit this Firebird (because I have nothing better to do about the actual guitar until they get in stock somewhere) and I AM STILL WAITING FOR A RESPONSE [cursing]

I am very disappointed that no one has answered my simple question in a week of waiting for a simple response. That's not good customer service Gibson [thumbdn]

Hey Rev, I take unwanted gig bags into the GC or whomever when I am buying a case, and I leave them with the store with their assurance they will throw it in for some kid or his superhot mom that is buying a starter. I get them out of the house and the store gets to give a good deal.

rct

You know Karloff - back on November 13th when you wrote the above response - I emailed Gibson Consumer Relations asking them which Gibson Hard Case would they recommend would fit this Firebird (because I have nothing better to do about the actual guitar until they get in stock somewhere) and I AM STILL WAITING FOR A RESPONSE [cursing]

I am very disappointed that no one has answered my simple question in a week of waiting for a simple response. That's not good customer service Gibson [thumbdn]

I wound up getting a used Gibson firebird case on Ebay. excellent condition. fitment 100% better than the SKB case I returned. i was surprised how bad the SKB case was. I have an older one for a Strat that is great.

Hey Rev, I take unwanted gig bags into the GC or whomever when I am buying a case, and I leave them with the store with their assurance they will throw it in for some kid or his superhot mom that is buying a starter. I get them out of the house and the store gets to give a good deal.

rct

Gotta love those hot moms ... God bless 'em.

I wound up getting a used Gibson firebird case on Ebay. excellent condition. fitment 100% better than the SKB case I returned. i was surprised how bad the SKB case was. I have an older one for a Strat that is great.

Just a quick note - I just ordered my 2016 Firebird T from Musicians Friend. They're supposed to have them in by the 7th of December but if history is any guide - they won't arrive until later but It's my Christmas present to myself and hopefully it will be at my house before then :)

In the meantime I will be on the hunt for a good used Gibson Firebird case to put her in [thumbup]

Just a quick note - I just ordered my 2016 Firebird T from Musicians Friend. They're supposed to have them in by the 7th of December but if history is any guide - they won't arrive until later but It's my Christmas present to myself and hopefully it will be at my house before then :)

In the meantime I will be on the hunt for a good used Gibson Firebird case to put her in [thumbup]

Looking forward to your take on the firebird. Happy hunting for the. Case.

firebird.jpg

Got it. really like the neck. always wanted one. looking forward to gigging with it this saturday night. RCT - the hardshell case should be here in a couple days, I'll be sure to post a pic.

.I'm new to these Steinberger tuners, any tips ?

That's sharp Karloff

4H

Heard back from Gibson Customer Service regarding a case for the new Firebird - here was their response:

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your email. We actually do not manufacture our own cases, as a company called TKL currently makes them for us, so they are not available for sale separately. TKL may have a case available for your Firebird. Here is the link to their website: http://www.tkl.com/

I would also recommending checking out Cedar Creek Cases. They are a division of TKL that makes great custom cases and may be able to make one for your guitar.

http://www.cedarcreekcases.com/ [end quote]

:-k

Rev,

I had checked out the TKL site when the guitar came in but i couldn't find a Firebird case on it. I saw the explorer. is it something you have to call & ask for ?

the other site, Cedar creek Cases, they look like high end cases but again I didn't see any firebird cases.

have you had any luck with either co. ?

Rev,

I had checked out the TKL site when the guitar came in but i couldn't find a Firebird case on it. I saw the explorer. is it something you have to call & ask for ?

the other site, Cedar creek Cases, they look like high end cases but again I didn't see any firebird cases.

have you had any luck with either co. ?

Yeah I hear you = I saw that too - you show an Explorer shape but no Firebird shape and you're the case manufacturer for Gibson guitars [confused]

I emailed them asking about a Firebird case - will let you know if I get a response & what they say.

I have not made an inquiry to the folks at Cedar Creek yet as I'm guessing their custom made cases cost half as much as the Firebird does - don't know that for sure but I'm thinking that's not going to be an affordable & reasonable solution for me. I'm thinking unless TKL has one for the Firebird (maybe it's the one they make for the Explorer - but if it is, why not show that shape too) [confused] I will continue to peruse Ebay, Reverb, Craigslist, etc to find a good used Gibson Firebird case. One will pop up eventually.

It's just weird that they make a guitar over $1k and don't have a case you can purchase separately. [thumbdn]

I emailed them asking about a Firebird case - will let you know if I get a response & what they say.

It's just weird that they make a guitar over $1k and don't have a case you can purchase separately. [thumbdn]

It's just stupid on Gibson's part.

The Firebird is such a unique guitar that needs a unique case to protect it.

It's just stupid on Gibson's part.

The Firebird is such a unique guitar that needs a unique case to protect it.

I couldn't agree more!

I did get a response from TKL and they do have a case to fit the Firebird. I'll post the link below: On a side note - retail is $244. [cursing] Hopefully that's MSRP and not the actual price.

http://www.tkl.com/site_item_details.php?pn=TKL%207867&descx=TKL+Premier+T-Bird+Style+Guitar+Case

The 2014 "bird cage" case is like a coffin. It is huge and heavy. Don't like it at all but I have to use it.