Gibson Brands Forums

Controversy Over Possession of a Hendrix Guitar

RevDavidLee

Wow man unbelievable Brian. Wow is all I can say besides being just speechless. And I mean that in the most respectful way that I can muster.

Thanks Tman! I only posted that because the bickering over estates affects all, rich or poor, famous, not famous or infamous. That experience colored my view of things and the people involved.

I for one do care about Jimi Hendrix, his music and his being. I've read various accounts of him being a somewhat tortured human being and of his artistic desires being at odds with the entities that signed / owned him. I'm betting he'd REALLY be pissed / depressed over these continual goings-on.

Brian

I don't care about Hendrix, his guitars, or his family. I truly wish everyone would stop milking that dry corpse and maybe, finally, move on. He wasn't all that good, just recorded first doing something that was going to get done by somebody else if not him.

rct

RCT, I'm surprised! This would have been a perfect opportunity for your "It's just a guitar" comment! You're slipping, Bro! [wink]

Brian

RCT, I'm surprised! This would have been a perfect opportunity for your "It's just a guitar" comment! You're slipping, Bro! [wink]

Brian

Well, exactly. He was just a guitar player. And based on his apparent drug use, not a very smart one at that.

rct

Well, exactly. He was just a guitar player. And based on his apparent drug use, not a very smart one at that.

rct

Well if you are going to judge a player by how many drugs they (apparently) took or alcohol they drunk you could probably count out most of them.....

'us' you mean. [biggrin]

Haha.. well you said that not me ;)

But in all honesty from all that I have learned about Hendrix he was not quite the druggy people made out... Sure he liked to partake.. But he pretty much spent most of his time either on a stage on in the Studio working....

But hey who knows... none of us were there or knew him...

Haha.. well you said that not me ;)

But in all honesty from all that I have learned about Hendrix he was not quite the druggy people made out... Sure he liked to partake.. But he pretty much spent most of his time either on a stage on in the Studio working....

But hey who knows... none of us were there or knew him...

Agreed!

Also, intelligence really has NOTHING to do with whether one uses drugs or alcohol (also a drug), or doesn't. More than a few people, much smarter and experienced than I am, have made a pretty compelling case that greater intelligence can actually lead to greater propensity for drug usage. Based on the premise that uber intelligent people get bored easily, require more stimulation for their brains, on-and-on.

But we're talking about Jimi and I'll always appreciate him for what he was and what he did for music as we know it today.

Would someone else have come along and do what he did? No telling. We could speculate about that as well as any other influential person, good or bad, throughout history.

Brian

Archived