Gibson Brands Forums

My best amplified sound so far (hummingbird content)

strat71

Hey all

i'm no acoustic pro but i tried a few things to amplify my 50th an. Hummingbird fitted with LR baggs element..

so far what sounds the best is plugin in my ParaDI, 250K ernie ball volume pedal in loop (to be able to plug the soundhole for feedback) and straight to my 2x10" 62 Fender Tremolux..

i plug it this way at home and am very pleased with the sound...

i tried to plug in the PA at rehearsal but the sounds was so harshhh!!! yackkk!!!

has anyone been using it's tube amp to amplify its acoustic on stage??

Ben

Keep using the tube amp if you like the sound you get.

If you have to plug into the mixer/PA, you could try the Fishman Aura Pedals. Gets the nasties out with buffers and sound images, which Fishman has for Hummingbirds, but not all guitars.

Have a look at the Fishman Aura demonstrations everywhere on Youtube, starting with the Acoustic Guitar Magazine test review.

BluesKing777.

Is there a reason you need to plug into the PA? I'd stick with the sound you like, going through that awesome amp and then if it needs to be louder letting them mic your amp and put you through the PA that way. Unless you're saying that you've tried that and it sounds terrible. EQ?

Just thinking if you love the sound through the tube amp and its your signature sound , why not , when playing live take that sound you love and just mike the amp through the PA . That way you would have the amp as an on stage monitor and the sound you love through the PA

Archived