Gibson Brands Forums

worn cherry 2008 les paul

tibs

im now thinking its to good for him as he can hardly go trough a door with out hitting the one he has

mike

Or...having such a nice instrument might help Him to learn to appreciate things. :)

Cheers... Bence

Just did some research. It seems to have features pretty rare in this conjunction: mahogany body, mahogany top, mahogany neck which looks like a late 50's to me, rosewood fretboard, and Burstbucker Pro 1 & 2 pickups.

Very nice catch, Mike, and in what a nice condition! I think your son will love this one as she deserves. [thumbup]

Just did some research. It seems to have features pretty rare in this conjunction: mahogany body, mahogany top, mahogany neck which looks like a late 50's to me, rosewood fretboard, and Burstbucker Pro 1 & 2 pickups.

Very nice catch, Mike, and in what a nice condition! I think your son will love this one as she deserves. [thumbup]

have it hidden away for christmas got it about 3 weeks ago bought as brand new from music shop they only had 2 gibsons a sg and this les paul was finding it hard to belive it was still on shelf from 2008

i was nere getting a les paul 2015 special glad now i got this one

mike

IMG_8787_zpsuq1untqi.jpg

IMG_8778_zpsayqywk9p.jpg

have it hidden away for christmas got it about 3 weeks ago bought as brand new from music shop they only had 2 gibsons a sg and this les paul was finding it hard to belive it was still on shelf from 2008

i was nere getting a les paul 2015 special glad now i got this one

mike

This is definitely hard to believe, but these things happen. With a little luck one may find a hidden gem which others just didn't find due to looking for it at the wrong places. [biggrin][thumbup]

By the way, I just found this post by accident:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/124025-in-praise-of-the-lp-studio/page__view__findpost__p__1701230

Yeah those faded guitars are great.. My brother in law has one of the brown versions... For me yes I like the mahogany top but the Bursbucker Pros are GREAT pickups... I got those on my 2008 Standard and was really shocked when I saw his studio came with those too...

A great find there by all accounts [thumbup]

thanks again all i tought i bought this a bit quick but now im a bit happier he did play it in the shop but hes a bit young to know how good a guitar is he was happy with the finish and i told him i would get a gibson now all we have to do is sale trough these rockschool grades

mike

Archived