Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Souldier Straps

Riffster

I have about one strap for every two guitars or so. After finally finishing my Flying V I was trying my different straps and see what would fit the guitar but found that the strap that fits does not go with the guitar look.

After looking for a while I ended up on the Souldier Strap website and noticed that you can select the design and colors for a strap.

Their prices are the same as what you would pay for an already made Souldier strap, the only additional cost is the shipping at $11. I ended up paying $46 total which is the most I've spent on a strap but not bad for a custom piece.

I'll post a pic once I receive it

I know one guy who has ONE really good, broken in strap he seems to use on every guitar. Never seen him with another. Me, on the other hand, I have one strap for every single guitar. A guitar wothout a strap is not complete. What can you do without a strap?

But, I pick straps for guitars based on the guitar. Some guitars are heavier than others, some balance better, but ALL of them look better with a strap that compliments them. Color matters, too.

No real right or wrong, but one thing IS right: straps are important.

Yea definitely a Chicago company, I almost bought one at the Chicago Music Exchange but the one I liked was like $70 and that was too rich for my blood.

I was in Chicago last week and wanted to look for one to buy locally but my time was limited and going to Portillos was the priority.

Anyway the one I ordered is a seatbelt style strap, typically I do not like those but my V is really well balanced and don't need any grip.

Seatbelt material, metal brackets and leather ends, this strap should last a long time.

Seatbelt material, metal brackets and leather ends, this strap should last a long time.

I just got a seat belt strap from Reverb for $10. Haven't tried it yet.

My favorite ones have been Red Monkey straps. They are normally expensive - but they move some designs through Dunlop for much more reasonable prices. You can find them at MF, Sweetwater, etc occasionally.

Since I seem to be adding guitars lately, I'll be checking out the strap recs on this thread for sure.

If yer adding straps folks and you need more Dunlop Straplock Strap ends for all of your Dunlop Straplock'd guitars please hit me up, I've still got a few pairs laying around, yours for the asking. I only use two straps for them all.

rct

If yer adding straps folks and you need more Dunlop Straplock Strap ends for all of your Dunlop Straplock'd guitars please hit me up, I've still got a few pairs laying around, yours for the asking. I only use two straps for them all.

rct

Oh, man. I should've checked with you. I ordered some new sets of Dunlops like an hour before you posted this. Thought you had gotten rid of them all.

Archived