Gibson Brands Forums

Chappers sells his 2015..... to buy 2 2016's

Rabs

I don't like to be mean spirited Rabs, but :rolleyes: is right.

- was there a particular moment when these guys moved away from informatively and entertainingly promoting instruments sold though a guitar shop and started instead promoting Rob, his band, and his business interests? cos I'm rapidly getting to the point of selectivity where I will only bother to watch if the product looks interesting and then tune out if it starts being all about Rob. I used (say 2-3 years back) to enjoy virtually all their stuff.

A bit of a shame for me, but I hope it works for them anyway - becoming a 'celebrity' is a double-edged sword so I'm sure its not all fun and games.

I don't like to be mean spirited Rabs, but :rolleyes: is right.

Actually I agree.. I certainly got a bit bored of their vids... And yes they got a bit Rob based... and then they just got plain silly.. Now like you im a bit more selective on which ones I watch, but I haven't seen any of the 2016s yet myself so was interested from that point of view. (I will have to pop out and have a look some time)

All I will say though is that most of these vids are actually on Robs channel, Andertons have their own separate channel but I think that Rob used to edit them all which is why they started by putting it on his channel.. so I guess on his own channel he can do what he wants and will obviously advertise his band and guitars (which is one of the things youtube is there for). Its just the lines got mixed between Rob and Andertons.

I'll say what people think...There was something he obviously didn't like about the 2015 model and used his position to sell it (For more than he paid?) under the guise of getting a V. Naturally someone bought it because it's 'his' guitar. As the 2016 models are cheaper, he's probably made a profit from the sale and the new purchase. Seedy.

Naturally someone bought it because it's 'his' guitar.

Is this guy really such a huge celebrity over there that someone would pay extra to own one of his guitars? Other than these videos I've never heard of the guy.

All I will say though is that most of these vids are actually on Robs channel, Andertons have their own separate channel but I think that Rob used to edit them all which is why they started by putting it on his channel.. so I guess on his own channel he can do what he wants and will obviously advertise his band and guitars (which is one of the things youtube is there for). Its just the lines got mixed between Rob and Andertons.

I think the reason they chose Rob's channel is that he already had a pretty sizable subscribership while the Andertons one didn't. Rather than spend all this time and money producing videos and putting them on a channel with comparatively few subscribers/viewers, they used Rob's as a launchpad, and it just stuck.

But yeah, the name of the channel is "Rob Chapman". He posts his and Lee's reviews, Dorje stuff, Chapman Guitars stuff...everything that he (Rob Chapman) is involved in. Because it's HIS Youtube channel.

-Ryan

Veering off Rob and Dorje. His mate Rabbea Massaad is a great player. Far better than Rob himself and I feel he should branch out perhaps get a support slot like Justin Derrico (Pink) and Nuno B (Rhianna). He'd get more exposure then.

Is this guy really such a huge celebrity over there that someone would pay extra to own one of his guitars? Other than these videos I've never heard of the guy.

No, if it wasn't for his video's no one would have heard of him. I don't particularly like his guitar playing, to my ears the Captain sounds better.

Ian

Archived