Gibson Brands Forums

2015 les paul fanclub

hoross

Got to admit; if the prices of the 2015 line keep heading south, I might find myself picking up a LP Deluxe in that lovely Pelham Blue. If that drops to a smidge under £1000; I'm all over that.

Personally, I love my 2015 LPM. I would not part with it for anything. Damn thing has a magic to it.

Also picked up a 2015 Epi Custom but the Gibson is the daddy. I only regret I could not get another one before they ran out of stock, that guitar changed my whole game.

I adapted to the neck rather easily and now I really like it. That signature is sort of funky but the tone I get from that puppy is just amazing.

Why some hate them beats me. I would not part with mine. It's rather unique. I played Strats for ages but surprising after a few days my hands felt right at home on the bigger neck I also though my whole finger training would be off but I can easily move between them with no issues. Probably playing 40yrs has enabled me to develop some skill.

Count me in for the 2015 love it gang. I picked up the 2015 Les Paul Less Plus, and indeed love this guitar.

I understand all the different opinions, and thoughts, etc. but I bought this guitar for me, and me alone. One fact though about this guitar. I had my local GC order it from the warehouse for me so I could get the color I wanted. I was able to order it for the discontinued price of $1299 US. The next day the warehouse called me and wanted to tell me that Gibson came in and removed all the Gforce tuners from all the guitars and replaced them with regular Gibson tuners. They wanted to make sure that I still wanted the guitar. I still took it because the tuners are a small issue to me. They don't change the feel, or the whole way it plays.

Once again ...... I'm a fan.

Put my name on the list. I'm a huge fan of the '15's and am ecstatic that Gibson kept the changes available for people in the HP series. I read about them before they even launched and was intrigued. I think the tuners and the better wood grading and finishes pulled me in. Months later I was able to play one at a local Guitar Center and absolutely loved it! I felt that the neck was spot on, tuners worked perfectly, I had no complaints. I went home heart broken that I was too poor to get one! Fate shined on me and I was finally able to order my trans amber standard and I am so happy that I did. I've only had one single issue and that was that it would not stay in tune, took it to GC and had the tech look at it, he thought maybe it should have new strings, he did that and bam, no more problems. I have restrung it myself once since then (super easy) and all is well. The guitar will finally see a stage this weekend and I am excited to break it out. I have replaced the pups in it at this point, I play heavier rock and my ESP guitars nail the tone, the BB pro's were a bit too vintage for me so in went a set of Duncan's and now I have absolutely nothing to complain about! Hopefully within the next few months I can order an explorer HP, that's my new dream guitar! Great job Gibson [thumbup]

• 1 month later...

I find I can adjust back and forth from the fat neck to my Epi slim neck in a few minutes but have to say the smaller neck befuddles me a little worse than the LPM. Fat one seems odd at first but a few runs and it seems normal and relatively easy to play. I have more trouble going back to the thin neck as the strings just seem so close. But my hands adjust to either pretty quickly which is something I did not expect to be so easy.

I thought as well the fat neck would mess me up but now that I have played it have to say I love the LPM. The most complaints I have run into is not so much the neck chunk but rather the 5 degree tilt on the neck which makes the pickups have to sit higher and you cannot nut down the stop piece to the boody without top wrapping which I do not care to do.

I find however the tone and playability is just fine with the stop piece being up some and a vibration test indicates it is quite solid and dead to string vibration no different than the stop piece screwed down. It's all really what some get used to, naturally what you first use is going to be what you look for. I think many LPs are different in tilt and setup but remains a very special guitar. Mine have spoiled me, I just do not care to play anything else these days.

The funniest thing I read about the gforce was that the weight of it caused 'balance issues'.

Love my 2015 LPJ. Now my main gigging guitar.

In case anyone is wondering, I was pointing out to the guy taking a video that the fat pissed guy falling over was more entertaining than us lot!

post-73495-039804600 1450470432_thumb.jpg

Archived