Gibson Brands Forums

The joys of dealing with buyers....

ksdaddy

Apart for the dumb a$$ questions I have done ok in general. I have just sold an amp on Evilbay and the guy is driving 600 miles tomorrow to come and get it! 1200miles round trip would be pushing it for me...

Regards

He must really want that amp [wink]

Apart for the dumb a$$ questions I have done ok in general. I have just sold an amp on Evilbay and the guy is driving 600 miles tomorrow to come and get it! 1200miles round trip would be pushing it for me...

Regards

Where's that guy coming from? England is only like 400 miles north to south! :unsure:

Where's that guy coming from? England is only like 400 miles north to south! :unsure:

I was thinking along those lines though if it's the U.K. (include Scotland and Wales) just over 600 - must be from N Scotland..... :unsure:

What is this amp is he coming so far for?

It's 837 miles from John-o-groats to Lands End, the furthest land journey that can be made without unnecessary detours.

Paradoxically going to John'o'Groats is the very definition of an unnecessary detour.

Pip.

I was thinking along those lines though if it's the U.K. (include Scotland and Wales) just over 600 - must be from N Scotland..... :unsure:

What is this amp is he coming so far for?

It was my Marshall AFD100... he has been and gone...

Regards

I posted a Guild acoustic on Flea -Bay for sale and got quite a few bites.

One guy in Italy really wanted it bad, and when I gave him the shipping quotes from UPS and Fed-Ex the shipping quotes were very high.

In fact I posted a thread about the high costs to ship abroad.

Any way when the " buyer" got the estimates on shipping, he just could not understand why I would not help with the costs to ship the guitar to him .

The estimates from both companies were right at $650.00

He just could not get it through his head that it's not my problem he lives in another country from where the guitar would be shipped from and still said I should pay 1/2 of the shipping costs.

I finally stopped answering his questions about the guitar.

Maybe there should be a site called Idiot Bay, Bonehead Bay or what ever dumb sh!!s could use.

Does it come with a case?

It comes with a thin walled, lightweight, waterproof, gusset seal polyethylene carrying case, complete with handy twist tie. Odor control available for an additional fee.

That's the same as my "crash recovery kit" for my remote control gliders, only my kit was black.

Does it come with a case?

That's the same as my "crash recovery kit" for my remote control gliders, only my kit was black.

Exactly ! Does it come with a case and there are four pictures of the case and details on the condition of the case.

Guest Farnsbarns

Paradoxically going to John'o'Groats is the very definition of an unnecessary detour.

Pip.

Going to Scotland in general really! [lol]

I'd go as far as to say going north of Watford is not often fruitful.

Had my own funny happening on eBay a couple of days ago. Sold my SG. Before the end of the auction I got this inflammatory message from a guy who said my shipping prices were ridiculous (set by eBay and actually much cheaper than Reverb or straight shipping). He kept saying I don't want to offend then told me about how he ships guitars all the time and if I am offended cancel his bid. I told him I wasn't offend and that if he had a better method, let me know, I'm all ears.

2 days go by and I heard nothing back from him. Then there was a mini bidding war and a guy from the same town won the auction. Great price by the way.

Nearly 3 days go by and no payment. I looked up the original message and the winning bid and they were 2 different accounts in the same city and each person had 100% rating and had over 350 transactions plus, and get this, they both joined eBay at the same time in in the 90's! I wrote to the first guy (not the winner) and said hey are you and x the same person because you're from the same city and joined at the same time?

I had my payment with 3 minutes from the winner. No exaggeration.

There are few things worse than selling Guitars. I have a couple of vintage Texans right now, that I would like to sell and get this J 200 I have my eye on, but I would rather jamb a sharp stick in my eye first. I for one, love the guys that want you to send more photos of the guitar where every square inch of it is covered, and then they tell you, "looks nice, but I cant afford to buy a guitar right now". They window shop and waste everyones time. Or what is better are the History channel pawn stars, pickers and Fast & Loud flppers out there- . They will bid .50 cents on the dollar "just to see what happens'.

A little while ago I bought a quilt burst bird from Sweetwater for 4 grand. Played for like 15 minutes. Then i had to raise some capital and sell a few things off. I listed it for $2800.00. to move it quick, and you would not believe the haggleing. I is not like flea market haggeling where all is in good taste. There are some real entitled jag bags out there with internet muscles.

It is tuff for me, not to take it personal. I wish I could laugh it off like you can.

the picture posted above with Lennon is so sad.

Maybe the only thing worse is buying a one on line.

T.

those window shoppers are most likely spammers trying to get replies, once you reply, they just got your email for their list lol. I write on my craigslist ads that i will contact the attorney general with any spam and that seems to ward off most.

Archived