Gibson Brands Forums

How Much Do You Want That Guitar Lesson?

BluesKing777

All a bit quiet on the forum so I will relate a little story....

The dog in the link looked like one I saw while riding my pushbike - it gave me the real evil eye - and reminded me of another one...

http://www.dogslife.com.au/dog-breeds/australian-cattle-dog-breed

Years and years ago, whenever I visited a guitarist friend, you got met at the gate by his 'Bluey' (Blue Heeler - Cattle Dog) and if the guy wasn't around, the dog would not let you out of your car until the friend came out - ferocious! It had a litter of pups and he kept the most fierce, and now when you visited you were greeted by not one, but 2 Blueys. It was a bit of an ordeal because once they were restrained and calmed down, you weren't alowed to laugh or shake your leg to music or ...any swift movement..... So the Princess and I were both there one day and the grim announcement came - the mother Heeler was having another litter. Great! :unsure:

The next time I was there, the pups were 7 or 8 weeks old and he gave me one, saying the women had organised this previously.........

So I took it home and the Princess swore black and blue that she knew nothing about a puppy arrangement...but it was already on her lap!!!!

And of course it turned out like the mother dog - totally ferocious to everyone else but lovable and loyal to us. [rolleyes] The only thing it couldn't do was talk.

And it bit the drummer in a band I was in, out the front of a hotel near my van. Great guard dog for my guitars - loved to sit in my seat of the van and jump up and howl at passerby.

And then a friend wanted guitar lessons from me and went through the same greeting at me house every week that I got from the dog's Mother........a bluey hanging off his ankles all the way up the driveway.

(He rang out of the blue one night wanting to borrow equipment and the first thing he asked was: "You don't have tttttttTHAT dog still, do you?" I said no, but I have another dog but I didn't tell him it was a Lab....and I haven't seen hide not hair of him [biggrin] !!!)

BluesKing777.

All a bit quiet on the forum so I will relate a little story....

The dog in the link looked like one I saw while riding my pushbike - it gave me the real evil eye - and reminded me of another one...

http://www.dogslife.com.au/dog-breeds/australian-cattle-dog-breed

Years and years ago, whenever I visited a guitarist friend, you got met at the gate by his 'Bluey' (Blue Heeler - Cattle Dog) and if the guy wasn't around, the dog would not let you out of your car until the friend came out - ferocious! It had a litter of pups and he kept the most fierce, and now when you visited you were greeted by not one, but 2 Blueys. It was a bit of an ordeal because once they were restrained and calmed down, you weren't alowed to laugh or shake your leg to music or ...any swift movement..... So the Princess and I were both there one day and the grim announcement came - the mother Heeler was having another litter. Great! :unsure:

The next time I was there, the pups were 7 or 8 weeks old and he gave me one, saying the women had organised this previously.........

So I took it home and the Princess swore black and blue that she knew nothing about a puppy arrangement...but it was already on her lap!!!!

And of course it turned out like the mother dog - totally ferocious to everyone else but lovable and loyal to us. [rolleyes] The only thing it couldn't do was talk.

And it bit the drummer in a band I was in, out the front of a hotel near my van. Great guard dog for my guitars - loved to sit in my seat of the van and jump up and howl at passerby.

And then a friend wanted guitar lessons from me and went through the same greeting at me house every week that I got from the dog's Mother........a bluey hanging off his ankles all the way up the driveway.

(He rang out of the blue one night wanting to borrow equipment and the first thing he asked was: "You don't have tttttttTHAT dog still, do you?" I said no, but I have another dog but I didn't tell him it was a Lab....and I haven't seen hide not hair of him [biggrin] !!!)

BluesKing777.

I love a good dog story as I have two. Frankie and Otis. Thanks it brightened up my day a bit.

Well here is another snippett....

I was riding my pushbike and a woman on the bike/walking track ahead lunged for her little dog to grab it - no lead or halter, so I gather it was a new dog...untrained.

Bitsa that looked like a terrier type shape but with big paws and rottweiller shade top finish! A little handful already.

So I thought no more as I huffed and puffed along the track to my turn back point. Coming home there is a bit of a downhill bit where I get a free ride and I passed the woman and her dog just as I was getting up to a good clip......and the dog chased my heels all the way down the hill until I stopped, looked at it....and it lost interest and went back to its screaming and hollering owner!

"Max", I believe its name was!

BluesKing777.

Archived