Gibson Brands Forums

Hows Things

quapman

Could be better in general, but not the following Saturday. I will be gigging on a bandmate's party, drumming and singing, to be exact. there will be two more bands. Our cover band has neither gigged nor rehearsed since January 2013 and will have just one rehearsal tomorrow evening. We hope playing each of the eight songs planned only once will do. [biggrin]

hey quapman - good to see ya. life is as life goes... music-wise, I got me an old Melody Maker so not feeling such an imposter here now [laugh] - gave the covers band away recently but started a garage-rock 3 piece doing my originals so having fun with that. hope all is good with you!

hey Quapman, good to hear from you

as for me, I'm coming back around from a terrifying bout of roids.... [scared]

I thought I was going to have to euthanize myself on Monday, but I decided there was no real future in that..

wait, uhmm this is sort of what you were asking about?

no??

LOL!

Good morning sir! How are you? All good in my world.

Hey Farns, I'm great thanks. Good to hear your world is good. :)

I am being held captive by aliens.

Please send money.

These damn aliens are costing me alot lately.. I may not be able to assist but I hear their

nuts are in their chins so an uppercut should get you going.

Could be better in general, but not the following Saturday. I will be gigging on a bandmate's party, drumming and singing, to be exact. there will be two more bands. Our cover band has neither gigged nor rehearsed since January 2013 and will have just one rehearsal tomorrow evening. We hope playing each of the eight songs planned only once will do. [biggrin]

Livin on the edge, I like that. Good on ya Cap

I'm sure you will do great!

Hi, quap!

Nice of you to pop by!..........[thumbup]

Pip.

Hey thanks Pip :)

hey quapman - good to see ya. life is as life goes... music-wise, I got me an old Melody Maker so not feeling such an imposter here now [laugh] - gave the covers band away recently but started a garage-rock 3 piece doing my originals so having fun with that. hope all is good with you!

That's great man! I went the other way in that I joined a cover band lol. I was never a great player

but we did have a band in the 90s where all we did was our originals. Had 25 or so. We got tight on them

but sadly nobody cared. lol. People want a juke box. But I totally respect the originals idea.

I thought by joining a cover band it would help my playing. It kinda did because it put me outa my comfort

zone so I didn't mind it. The bad part is it reminded about band drama..lol

So ya it dissolved in the spring and I have been pretty slack in my playing and really haven't picked

up a guitar all summer. But that's about to change. Going to get back at it in a month or so.

So enjoy yourself. You should post up some of your tunes. I love hearing peoples stuff. Especially original.

Cheers man.

Hey! Where you been?

Good to hear from you, hope all is well...

See alien post above. It took me ages to figure out where their nuts were.

But seriously,, thanks man. All is well and good to see you again. :)

Good to see you Quapman. I haven't checked on my guitars in a while but my cases are great and I hope the same for yours.

rct

Thanks man. Yes indeed. My cases are great!

I think it's because I never store my cases without a guitar in them.

hey Quapman, good to hear from you

as for me, I'm coming back around from a terrifying bout of roids.... [scared]

I thought I was going to have to euthanize myself on Monday, but I decided there was no real future in that..

wait, uhmm this is sort of what you were asking about?

no??

LOL!

Hell yes!

Do you think I ever actually came here to talk about guitars?

I don't even know anything about guitars. Roids on the other hand....

LOL.....

Cheers man.. you made made lol... glad I wasn't sipping on a tea or it would have been messy.

Good. Going to see Brian Wilson tonight. You know that the famous FZ Roxy Concert DVD is getting released the day before Halloween and the Ritz Concert CD as well.

Welcome Back.

Thanks FZF,,,

Didn't know about the DVD. I will be on the lookout for the release of that.

Enjoy the show tonight.

Mrs. Zappa passed away not long ago. I'm probably the last to find out.

rct

No you're not the last. I did not know that. Had google that up. Oct 7/2015. Lung cancer.

Cancer took them both.. f'ing cancer.

Hell yes!

Do you think I ever actually came here to talk about guitars?

I don't even know anything about guitars. Roids on the other hand....

LOL.....

Cheers man.. you made made lol... glad I wasn't sipping on a tea or it would have been messy.

Sweet,, I was worried there was TMI here..

[thumbup]

Hey, Quap!

I just came back here a couple days ago myself.

I guess to keep things brief I could say...same poop different toilet to answer your question! :)

Glad you're doing well. As for you and the other gentleman with the 'roids, all I can say is it will all come out in the end! Wait, did I just say that out loud? Sorry! :D

Well, I don't know you Quapman, but great to here your back. At least we share one thing! I know nothing about guitars either. Lol rolleyes.gif

Hey thanks Retired. Nice to meet you. I gotta say for us guys who know nothing this is a great place to

come and learn. I got a lot of info off these pages so I kinda lie when I say I don't know anything.

So most of what I do know I learned here. But I will never be a guitar nerd. I just don't care that much.

I do love playing though. Especially with other folks. Can't beat that from where I sit.

It's my favorite. But learning is good to. Lots of very knowledgeable people here. I'm not one of them. lol.

Cheers.

Hey, Quap!

I guess to keep things brief I could say...same poop different toilet to answer your question! :)

Glad you're doing well. As for you and the other gentleman with the 'roids, all I can say is it will all come out in the end! Wait, did I just say that out loud? Sorry! :D

Hey RM, Welcome back.

Nice to hear from you.

And yes, you did say that out loud. Probly why you fit in here :)

Cheers Rosemarie!

Guest Farnsbarns

Hey, Quap!

Wow. extreme derailing!

I had a mild case of roids once. Glad to say nothing "came out" but I was a might uncomfortable for a few days. Never make any effort when doing those poops in others people's toilets, that's what the doc said, well, minus the bit about other people's toilets, that was tailored for you with love from me :D . Just let it happen. Then you'll never get the farmers again, and I haven't!

My number one best piece of life advice, believe me. Well, number two I s'pose but...

Wah, look what I went a said out loud. Oh dear.

Wow. extreme derailing!

I had a mild case of roids once. Glad to say nothing "came out" but I was a might uncomfortable for a few days. Never make any effort when doing those poops in others people's toilets, that's what the doc said, well, minus the bit about other people's toilets, that was tailored for you with love from me :D . Just let it happen. Then you'll never get the farmers again, and I haven't!

My number one best piece of life advice, believe me. Well, number two I s'pose but...

Wah, look what I went a said out loud. Oh dear.

Lol! Sorry about my inside thoughts coming out becoming contagious, Farns! Every once in awhile a few of those sneaky buggers escapes! :)

Archived