Gibson Brands Forums

Brian May - Star Licks Instructional Video

Rabs

Yeah I knew he had PHD but didn't know he was helping the Pluto team.. :)

BUT did you ever hear his Badger song? (which was made cos he was trying to help stop the badger cull)

And the official video (where they did actually get Brian Blessed to say that line :))

Awesome [thumbup]

Wow! That was really cool. I didn't plan to watch the whole thing but I couldn't stop. What a brilliant guy. He must have a PhD or something :rolleyes:

What a recognizable style too... the slow, expressive bends... the half step trills... the chromatic stuff. Super cool. And the tone! You can tell it's him just when he's tuning! Wow.

I loved the tour of the red special and the amps.

I had no idea he used the delays to create harmonies with himself. Where have I been? That's freakin' brilliant!

I liked that he included stuff from The Star Fleet project too - one of my favorite May recordings. [thumbup]

Wow! That was really cool. I didn't plan to watch the whole thing but I couldn't stop. What a brilliant guy. He must have a PhD or something :rolleyes:

What a recognizable style too... the slow, expressive bends... the half step trills... the chromatic stuff. Super cool. And the tone! You can tell it's him just when he's tuning! Wow.

I know.. hes cool huh and such a nice in depth video but without being boring...

I like it when he used hes out of phase switch and that first strum takes me right back to that various scenes in Flash Gordon where Brian is just strumming chords with that exact tone (I love the music in that film [thumbup] )

And I LOVE this heavy bit at 1:34 it frikkin rocks

Archived