Gibson Brands Forums

Saw Tom Hadley last night ( Spandau Ballet )

daveinspain

This guy is amazing…! His voice is stronger than ever. He hit every note with power and confidence… The whole band was tight as could be and spot on. Just by chance a friend called me up and said he had tickets but couldn't go and offered me the tickets. To be honest I wasn't expecting such a great performance but he blew me away!! Aside from playing the expected Spandau hits he did a few covers. They did a bang up job on WITH OR WITHOUT YOU and RIO by Duran Duran. He nailed Freddy Mercury on SOMEBODY TO LOVE… All and all a great show and highly recommend if you want to hear one of the great voices of rock still sounding in it's prime... [thumbup]

Aside from being a great singer and performer he seems to be a great guy… Check this out

Great singer!!

Truly an under-rated talent.

I do an acoustic guitar cover of Spandau Ballet's True.

If anybody wants the chords, just let me know.

It's a great song to do live, and most audiences aren't expecting it.

:)

(And I'm with Tony on the littering. I HATE it when people throw rubbish out the car window.)

Great singer!!

Truly an under-rated talent.

I do an acoustic guitar cover of Spandau Ballet's True.

If anybody wants the chords, just let me know.

It's a great song to do live, and most audiences aren't expecting it.

:)

(And I'm with Tony on the littering. I HATE it when people throw rubbish out the car window.)

I'll take them, you gonna post them here or you want to e-mail them?

Oh I forgot… The guitar player was playing, what I thought was a white Les paul Custom… But, at the end of the show, when everyone rushed to the front of the stage during the encore, yes I actually did that, I saw it was actually a Burny guitar. I couldn't believe my eyes so at the end of the show I asked the guitar tech about the guitar. He said it was a 70's Japanese guitar that at the time where phenomenal guitars… Did some research on them cause the guitar sounded great! So notable Burny players:

Steve Jones from the Sex Pistols has used Burny guitars as has Hideto Matsumoto from X Japan, Mike Clark of Suicidal Tendencies, Robert Fripp of King Crimson, Steve Hackett of Genesis, Billie Joe of Green Day and Duff McKagan in his side project Loaded. Andy Latimer of Camel also uses a flame top Burny Super Grade as his main Les Paul-style guitar.

Here's a pic I found on the web,

burny_rlc85_sw_zpsx0mfp3tn.jpg

I'll take them, you gonna post them here or you want to e-mail them?

I'll try to post them here.

I want to put the chord diagrams over the lyrics in PowerPoint and then convert that to jpg's.

The chords I play are loosely adapted from a piano tab I found on the internet years ago, but I made my own arrangement that just SOUNDS better on guitar.

Give me just an hour or so to get it constructed, and then I'll post it.

Archived