Gibson Brands Forums

Bought a 2016 Les Paul Studio

Paul G.

I played a 2016 Les Paul 50s Tribute at my local GC. Loved everything about it except for the 50s neck. I prefer a 60s style.

Doing a little research and found the nearest thing to that guitar with a 60s neck was the new Les Paul Studio T. I took a chance and ordered one from Sweetwater.

The guitar is incredibly good. Looks good. Plays well. Sounds incredible. Came perfectly set up right out of the box. I prefer lower action than Gibson spec, but when I lowered the bridge there were absolutely no issues with buzzing or fretting out.

Took it to my gig last night and loved it.

So glad Gibson got the point and started offering guitars pros would actually want instead of those weird hologram, wide neck, robot abominations.

Fabulous workhorse guitar, highly recommend you give one of these a tryout.

20151020_161349_zpsr9wsa9j4.jpg

Me, I just like carrying the empty case around. Chicks dig it and think I'm groovy.

When I stop at the grocery store, I fill it with food. Except for cheese. I don't want a cheesy smelling guitar case.

Rock on, all you children of the Guitar God.

Nice axe by the way. Notice I say AXE, like the real guitar pickers do. I use to be a doofus and just say GUITAR. Now I'm far out, know what I mean.

I need to eat more mushrooms.

Me, I just like carrying the empty case around. Chicks dig it and think I'm groovy.

When I stop at the grocery store, I fill it with food. Except for cheese. I don't want a cheesy smelling guitar case.

Rock on, all you children of the Guitar God.

Nice axe by the way. Notice I say AXE, like the real guitar pickers do. I use to be a doofus and just say GUITAR. Now I'm far out, know what I mean.

I need to eat more mushrooms.

[biggrin]

You just put a big cheesy grin on my face. No easy task. Nice job!

That was a stroke of genius coming up with the Studio line.

I agree. Everything you need, and nothing you don't.

Look, I love me some flame, some binding, some bling...but as a working pro I find that a lightweight, toneful, easy-playing Les Paul works for me.

The other stuff, well, I'm ok without it.

• 2 months later...

I played a 2016 Les Paul 50s Tribute at my local GC. Loved everything about it except for the 50s neck. I prefer a 60s style.

Doing a little research and found the nearest thing to that guitar with a 60s neck was the new Les Paul Studio T. I took a chance and ordered one from Sweetwater.

The guitar is incredibly good. Looks good. Plays well. Sounds incredible. Came perfectly set up right out of the box. I prefer lower action than Gibson spec, but when I lowered the bridge there were absolutely no issues with buzzing or fretting out.

Took it to my gig last night and loved it.

So glad Gibson got the point and started offering guitars pros would actually want instead of those weird hologram, wide neck, robot abominations.

Fabulous workhorse guitar, highly recommend you give one of these a tryout.

20151020_161349_zpsr9wsa9j4.jpg

New member here and must agree. I have a new 2016 Studio T in Silver Pearl - wife anniversary gift to me that was a surprise to say the least. I never got on with the necks on any Studio I played; I tried many over the years. The neck on this one is perfect. So far, very happy. Nothing I'd change or mod. Possibly lowering action at the nut is it. As it was unseen and not on my radar, she picked a perfect one. If I had been shopping for one, this would have been it. Great guitar.

Archived